Regional Manager - Southern CA
The Regional Manager is responsible for the management of a portfolio of apartment communities in a given geographic area. This person is focused on the financial performance of each community, ensuring that it is properly staffed and managed to provide an optimal return to the investors. Additionally, this employee also has specific training and experience to oversee multiple managers and provide guidance on operating and financial issues to those managers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, develop, coach and supervise portfolio Community Managers
- Evaluate the staff of each community in regard to leasing and operational guidelines
- Ensure that all staff members provide the highest level of service to residents
- Meet budgeted income, expense and leasing goals for the portfolio
- Be a champion for the operational strategy
- Work with owner/investment partners to maintain and improve the value of the assets
- Conduct quarterly meetings with Community Managers to keep them apprised of current issues
- Oversight of the annual budget process for each community
- Review the financial operations of each Community Manager on a monthly basis
- Evaluate market conditions with each Community Manager to determine unit prices in accordance with the market and budgeted goals. Shop competitors in person every quarter with the Community Manager
- Assist each Community Manager in the development of an annual marketing plan and conduct marketing reviews on a periodic basis
- Action Oriented- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Building Effective Teams- Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Business Acumen- Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Developing Direct Reports- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each direct report's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves; will take direct reports who need work; is a people builder.
- Problem Solving- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Hiring and Staffing- Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staffs.
- Motivating Others- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as requested
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be have strong financial management skills and be well versed in budgeting and forecasting
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to develop and enhance business relationships, ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful; mature, flexible
- Must have sales and marketing experience to include sales training and goal setting, market analysis, market plan creation and implementation
- Must have strong leadership and management skills to include recruiting, hiring, team-building, coaching and mentoring skills
- Must be willing to travel
- Must possess willingness to provide exceptional customer service
- Must be familiar with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must demonstrate support of Bell Core Values
- Must demonstrate ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must demonstrate ability to successfully work on a team
- Must be able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
- Must be able to understand directives both orally and in writing
- Must have superior interpersonal skills; Must present a professional image
- Must be resourceful and well organized
Background & Education:
- BA/BS In Business or related field required
- At least 3 years multi-site apartment experience required, with a minimum portfolio of 1,500 units of 4 or more properties
- Third party fee management experience preferred
Bell Partners, Inc. ("BPI" or the "Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. BPI's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. BPI also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is BPI's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Bell Partners Inc. unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable state and local law.
Back to top