Leasing Manager (Caledon)
The Leasing Manager has primary marketing responsibilities as they pertain to interfacing with prospective residents at the community, handling day-to-day issues with current residents, and coordinating the renewals of existing leases with a staff of Leasing Consultants under the supervision of the Community Manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent service to all residents, prospects and visitors to the community
- Ensure property performance is maximized-this includes walking the grounds to ensure product is show ready; walk all made ready apartments to inspect and ensure ready for new resident
- Tour visitors and guests (this includes prospects, owners, investors, guests from corporate) to show amenities, apartments, models, community, etc. (this may involve walking on hills and up and down 3 flights of stairs)
- Recruit, hire, onboard, manage and provide performance feedback to employees to ensure community performance and adequate staffing. Motivate associates through recognition programs, training, and team building. Ensure team meets Operations strategic drivers
- Train staff members on proper leasing techniques and resident service
- Conduct regular performance appraisals and address any associate concerns or employee relations issues. Maintain complete and accurate associate files and a high level of associate satisfaction, as measured by periodic surveys
- With General Manager, set leasing goals for property
- Under direction of General Manager, provide timely reporting on leasing statistics
- Conduct weekly meetings with leasing and maintenance staff (Some are held while standing in the maintenance shop or office for up to 30 min at a time)
- Evaluate unit prices in accordance with the market and budgeted goals
- Manage the application review process for each lease including credit and income verifications
- Ensure lease packets and files for each resident to include the lease, all addendums and other proper documentation
- Ensure the condition of leased apartments prior to move-in, including a final inspection and walk through with resident
- Follow up with residents throughout their lease terms and coordinate the renewal process for each lease
- Develop an annual marketing plan and conduct marketing reviews on a monthly basis
- Conduct outside marketing activities in order to position Bell communities as communities of choice
- Follow Fair Housing Standards in all matters when working with prospects and residents
- Additional duties as assigned
- Business Acumen- Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Caring about Direct Reports- Is interested in the work and non-work lives of direct reports; asks about their plans, problems, and desires; knows about their concerns and questions; is available for listening to personal problems; monitors workloads and appreciates extra effort.
- Composure- Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality- Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Drive for Results- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Hiring and Staffing- Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staffs.
- Listening- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Managerial Courage- Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Organizing- Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Self-Knowledge-Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; isn't defensive; is receptive to talking about shortcomings; looks forward to balanced (+'s and -'s) performance reviews and career decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lead a team
- Strong marketing skills required
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite preferred
- Must demonstrate support of Bell Core Values
- Must have strong time management skills and ability to multi-task required
- Must demonstrate support of Bell Operations strategic drivers
- Must demonstrate ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must demonstrate ability to successfully work on a team
- Must be able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
- Must be able to understand directives both orally and in writing
- Must have superior interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful; mature, flexible
- Must present a professional image
- Must be resourceful and well organized
Education and Background:
- BA/BS in business, sales or related field, relevant experience or a combination
- 2+ years multi-family leasing experience or 2+ years B2B selling experience desired
Bell Partners, Inc. ("BPI" or the "Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. BPI's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. BPI also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is BPI's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Bell Partners Inc. unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable state and local law.
Meet Some of Bell Partners's Employees
Jeremy provides support for the staff of various properties, coordinating with departments within Bell Partners to handle issues as they arise and ensure that residents and investors receive excellent service.
Back to top