Groundskeeper - Future Opportunities Nationwide
We have multiple properties in many markets, and are always recruiting in advance of official job openings. Apply to this posting, and as soon as we have an open position your application will be reviewed.
The Maintenance Assistant -Common Grounds acts under the direction of the Community Manager and/or Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the cleanliness of the community grounds. Responsibilities will include the daily upkeep of the property, buildings, and grounds, which includes cleaning and removing trash.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the grounds of the assigned property
- Maintains cleanliness outside each building and the grounds surrounding each building
- Maintain a uniform landscaped look by picking up all debris around buildings, common areas and through breezeways of buildings
- Clean out building gutters
- Plants and tends flowerbeds, trees, and shrubs; trims, mows lawns; apply fertilizer and insecticides; and utilize pest control equipment
- Follow well-established procedures for the basic maintenance of tools and equipment such as lubricating, sharpening, replacing broken handles, making simple adjustments, and repairs, as necessary
- May perform pool maintenance duties
- Shovel snow when necessary
- Spread salt on public passageways to prevent ice buildup when necessary
- Must follow all safety/OSHA Requirements
Additional Functions and Responsibilities:
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of landscaping and grounds keeping
- Written & oral communication skills
- Available to work days and evenings, weekdays, and weekends
- Must demonstrate support of Bell Core Values
- Must demonstrate ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must demonstrate ability to successfully work on a team
- Must be able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
Education and Background:
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years grounds keeping experience in a multi-family environment
- 2+ years landscaping experience
- HVAC,/EPA certifications may be required in many communities, based on staffing levels
Bell Partners, Inc. ("BPI" or the "Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. BPI's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. BPI also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is BPI's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Bell Partners Inc. unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable state and local law.
Meet Some of Bell Partners's Employees
Jeremy provides support for the staff of various properties, coordinating with departments within Bell Partners to handle issues as they arise and ensure that residents and investors receive excellent service.
Back to top