Construction Services Accountant
The purpose of the Construction Accountant is to process the daily accounting and payables functions for the Construction Accounting group and serve as a support function for the Construction Services Group.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Construction Project Compliance
- Input/Upload contract statement of values into Yardi Construction or other project platforms
- Validate budgets, lien waivers and project rollforwards for contractor billing
- Communicates daily with vendors and CSG
- Perform contract and project closeout process to completion
- Responds to management or departmental inquiries including follow ups
- Reconcile renovation cash balance for assigned portfolios
- Administer setup and maintenance of Textura Payment Platform or other project platforms
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Invoice includes contract #
- Lien Waivers and Materialmen Listings
- Other Owner required documentation
- Contract SOV audit on a unit/floorplan level for Interior Renovations
- Validate correct cash account and posts the payable in Yardi Construction Module
- Prepare Weekly Invoice Status Report and distribute to CSG team, this is incorporated in the weekly Summary of Payables report distributed to CSG and Finance management
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of national vendor accounts by verifying the consolidated bill agrees to actual invoice submissions into Construction Accounting
- Daily facilitation of payment status with CSG team and vendors
- Prepare weekly check runs and delivery method (direct mail, FedEx, UPS)
- Prepare property owner funding requests for construction payables per established draw schedules.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be proficient with MS office, including Excel (i.e. vlookup, macros, data formatting)
- Experience using YARDI a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to demonstrate the Bell Core Values-Do the Right Thing Every Time, Put the Team First, Serve Somebody!, Perform, Build it to Last and Prepare for the Future Today
- Must demonstrate ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must demonstrate ability to successfully work on a team
- Must have superior interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful; mature, flexible
- Must be resourceful and well organized
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (or equivalent work plus education)
- Construction accounting background a plus
Bell Partners, Inc. ("BPI" or the "Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. BPI's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. BPI also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is BPI's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Bell Partners Inc. unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable state and local law.
Meet Some of Bell Partners's Employees
Jeremy provides support for the staff of various properties, coordinating with departments within Bell Partners to handle issues as they arise and ensure that residents and investors receive excellent service.
Back to top