Do you know modern web stacks from soup to nuts? Have strong opinions about clean URLs, dirty objects in ORMs, and know where MVC works versus where it doesn’t? We want to talk to you!
Beeswax is looking for a Web Engineer to join our growing team. We were recently recognized on the Inc. 5000 list as #46 in the fastest growing companies and #5 in the top software companies. In 2018, we were also named by Business Insider as the “fastest growing company in AdTech"
Beeswax is an easy to use, massive scale and high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. We’re well funded by leading VCs, such as RRE and Foundry Group, and are rapidly expanding our customer list and our engineering team. We offer our customers the most extensible and transparent advertising system in the world and process millions of transactions per second.
Our engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon and Facebook as well as many other companies with strong software disciplines. Building and selling great advertising software that we’re proud of is the absolute heart of our mission.
At our transaction volumes we regularly deal with scaling challenges as our tech grows and evolves. To manage the firehose of data coming in, we explore complex tradeoffs and carefully architect high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant and thoughtfully designed APIs to make the systems accessible to both our team and our customers.
As our newest Web Engineer you will:
- Work on the REST API and a JS application built on top of it that our customers use to configure our systems
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers and data scientists to evolve these services to provide new experiences for our customers as well as meet our ever-growing scale
- Do fun tasks like reviewing code, writing design docs and closing JIRA tickets
Ideal candidates will have:
- 2+ years of web engineering experience at strong software companies
- Experience building JS heavy web applications in ideally more than one well known framework
- Comfort with and an understanding of relational databases (we use Amazon Aurora)
- A solid understanding of modern operational processes and concerns for web applications (deployment, provisioning, monitoring)
- Experience with building and operating a modern REST API (ie. Swagger, monitoring, rate limiting, authentication, etc.) or using them from a client perspective
- A strong grasp of software architecture (either through a degree or from learning it themselves)
- An ability to think about and tackle problems analytically
Successful engineers at Beeswax have:
- An ethic of service and a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now
- A curiosity about technology and a desire to use it to solve problems in all sorts of domains
- An openness to feedback and more than just the spelling skills to know that there’s no I in Team
- An appreciation of repeatability, resilience, observability, and operational simplicity
Back to top