Staff Backend Software Engineer, Userdata
- New York, NY
Beeswax’s mission is to build great advertising software. Our product is an easy to use, massive scale and high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. We offer our customers the most extensible and transparent advertising system in the world and process millions of transactions per second. We offer our employees a culture of transparency and one with many challenging problems to solve - whether our employees are competing at game night or coming up with bee puns, they remain a close-knit group.
Beeswax is looking for a Staff Backend Software Engineer to join our Userdata team. This team develops large-scale applications that manage the full lifecycle of consumer data, ingesting data both in real-time streams and batch jobs (on the scale of terabytes per day). To support our product’s many features, the team manages pipelines that perform complex and distributed ETL over datasets containing more than a trillion records. These pipelines feed caches that are then queried by our real-time infrastructure at millions of queries per second.
Because of the scale of our data that the Beeswax Userdata team works with, engineers on this team have a meaningful impact that can directly affect our bottom line. If large volume, complex ETL is your jam (or honey), then keep reading!
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER ON THE USERDATA TEAM YOU WILL:
- Develop essential data-driven applications to allow our customers to accomplish their marketing campaigns effectively
- You will work with team members to develop technology vision and roadmap for the team
- Lead complex technical projects and oversee the execution
- Work with the team to improve processes and establish best practices
- You will mentor engineers on technical topics and soft skills
- Reporting to our Engineering Manager for UserData
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- An understanding of software architecture and building systems at scale
- Bring a cost-focused approach to optimizing performance, scaling and data modeling
- 5+ years of working on backend systems
- Significant experience with Python especially in the context of ETL and data pipelining using frameworks such as Airflow and Celery
- Experience working with data warehousing solutions like Snowflake and distributed databases such as Aerospike
- Experience with SQL
- An understanding of testing procedures in a distributed application environment
- Familiarity with public cloud ecosystems (AWS preferred) and containerization
- Promote organizational agreement
SUCCESSFUL ENGINEERS AT BEESWAX VALUE:
- An ethic of service and a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now
- A curiosity about technology and a desire to use it in all sorts of domains
- Feedback and Teamwork
- An appreciation of repeatability, observability, and operational simplicity
MORE ABOUT US:
- Beeswax was founded in 2014 and since then we’ve raised $28M in funding from leading VCs including RRE and Foundry Group and have grown rapidly.
- We believe in and invest in personal growth and we’ve got the results to back it up: we’ve been recognized as one of America’s Fastest Growing Companies by Inc. 5000, we’ve won several Best Places to Work awards, and our team loves the culture.
- We value diversity and incorporate multiple professional experiences on our product & engineering teams. Some of our teammates hail from tech companies like Google, Amazon and Facebook; others from financial giants like Bloomberg and Bank of America; and more from some great software engineering cultures such as Compass and x.ai.
Back to top