Lead Data Platform Engineer
- New York, NY
Beeswax’s mission is to build great advertising software. Our product is an easy to use, massive scale and highly available advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. We offer our customers the most extensible and transparent advertising system in the world and process millions of transactions per second. We offer our employees a culture of transparency and one with many challenging problems to solve - whether our employees are competing at game night or coming up with bee puns, they remain a close-knit group.
Beeswax is looking for a Lead Data Platform Engineer to join our Data Platforms Engineering (DPE) team. This team provides external customers and our teams with queryable access to the billions of daily events that occur in the bidding platform. They operate a large-scale distributed system that ingests millions of events per second and applies business rules to process and provide the events to customers in real time. The team also builds ETL pipelines using Snowflake Data Warehouse and synthesizes the data sets that power customer dashboards, reports and business intelligence tools.
Because of the scale of data that the Beeswax Data Platform team works with, engineers on this team have a meaningful impact that can directly affect our bottom line. If large volume, real-time and complex ETL is your jam (or honey), then keep reading!
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER ON THE DPE TEAM YOU WILL:
- Develop platform features for our customers to monitor and analyze their marketing campaigns
- Scale our distributed system and infrastructure to the next level
- Optimize algorithms and software architectures to save cloud hosting costs
- Report to our VP of Engineering, who brings a plethora of experience, knowledge and guidance
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- 5+ years' of related experience building data products
- An understanding of what it means to build data processing systems at scale - if you love articles on highscalability.com you’ll fit right in
- A grasp of software architecture (either through a degree or from learning it themselves)
- Experience with data modeling, schema management and data quality
- Experience working with data warehousing solutions and data pipelines
- Proficient in Python
- Comfort in a Linux ecosystem
SUCCESSFUL ENGINEERS AT BEESWAX VALUE:
- An ethic of service and a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now
- A curiosity about technology and a desire to use it to solve problems in all sorts of domains
- An openness to feedback and more than just the spelling skills to know that there’s no I in Team
- An appreciation of repeatability, observability, and operational simplicity
MORE ABOUT US:
- Beeswax was founded in 2014 and since then we’ve raised $28M in funding from leading VCs including RRE and Foundry Group.
- We believe in and invest in personal growth and we’ve got the results to back it up: we’ve been recognized as one of America’s Fastest Growing Companies by Inc. 5000, we’ve won several Best Places to Work awards, and our team loves the culture.
- We value diversity and incorporate many different professional experiences on our product & engineering teams. Some of our teammates hail from tech companies like Google, Amazon and Facebook; others from financial giants like Bloomberg and Bank of America; and more from some great software engineering cultures such as Compass and x.ai.
Back to top