Relevance Engineer, Search and Recommendations
Beepi is the fastest growing marketplace to buy and sell cars 100% online. Gone are the days of haggling with the used car salesman on the lot. Instead Beepi makes the process simple, trustworthy and even fun! We combine a rigorous vehicle-certification process, an industry-leading pricing algorithm, and the world's best car-buying process to delight all our customers. Thanks to our great team, we’re changing the auto industry from the ground up.
You're part engineer, part data scientist, a dang-good developer with deep knowledge and interest in search algorithms, recommender systems and machine learning. There are plenty of opportunities out here in the Bay Area to ply your trade. But Beepi offers two things that are surprisingly difficult to find: a chance to make a difference and to work with a crack team of developers. You could wither away at a big name software firm, slaving over mind-numbing projects day-after-day, or you could join Beepi, and help build the most exciting and ambitious peer-to-peer marketplace to date.
- Be responsible for search ranking for a very unique and complex e-commerce marketplace
- Develop novel recommender systems for cars, involving semantic tagging, NLP, similarity and graph algorithms
- Use machine learning on very large data sets to extract signals, and develop models for Learning to Rank
- Be a part of an engineering team with total ownership of both algorithms, systems and production scaling and support - soup to nuts ownership and empowerment!
- 3+ years experience in algorithms, search, machine learning
- 3+ years experience in scalable systems: >=1 of Elasticsearch, Solr/Lucene, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, BigQuery, Weka, etc.
- Knowledge of topic graphs and recommender systems a big plus
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment is a big plus
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related field with demonstrated academic excellence is required
- Fast paced start-up experience at a hyper growth company. What more could you want?
- Work with a high performance team who will fight beside you in the trenches to accomplish the amazing
- Super-competitive salary and health benefits
- Catered lunches and dinners
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks (both healthy and unhealthy
- Everyone matters, no matter what your role is!
Back to top