Beautycounter is the leader in clean skin care, makeup, and personal care, with a mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We go above and beyond clean to set the highest bar in beauty through our safety standards—including ingredient transparency, sustainable packaging, and responsible sourcing. Launched in 2013 as a direct-to-consumer retail beauty brand and Certified B Corporation, we develop and distribute approximately 100 products across our collections in skin care, makeup, and personal care in the U.S. and Canada.
Beautycounter and global investment firm The Carlyle Group have announced that Carlyle has acquired a majority stake in Beautycounter. The partnership will allow Beautycounter to accelerate its strategic initiatives, including increasing brand awareness as well as bolstering the company’s innovative, integrated, omni-channel business model. The transaction valued the company at $1 billion.
We are looking for a Vice President of Ecommerce with extensive experience in digital marketing and commerce who can support and drive rapid growth across all channels.
In this role you will:
- Manage the P&L for the ecommerce channel with a focus on growth and profitability
- Build the ecommerce roadmap and partner with cross-functional teams to deliver against goals
- Design and drive a data-driven digital marketing strategy across all consumer touchpoints to ensure consistent and effective engagement with new and existing consumers
- Acquisition: Work with product, brand and performance marketing teams and agencies to design an efficient full-funnel customer acquisition plan
- Conversion: Work with digital product and technology teams to optimize the user experience on site and maximize conversion
- Retention: Create a retention strategy for all existing customers that leverages omnichannel data to define personalized interactions that drive maximal retention and lifetime value
- Manage and build a team of digital marketers responsible for supporting the ecommerce, direct selling, wholesale and retail channels with all digital marketing efforts including performance marketing, email, SMS, affiliate, site merchandising and experience, blog/content and SEO
- Oversee the strategy and development of key consumer engagement programs including subscription, loyalty and referral
- Implement a data-driven, iterative feedback process to optimize the creative execution of digital marketing assets
- Determine performance targets and monitoring process for all digital marketing efforts
- Bachelor's degree required - MBA preferred.
- 12+ years experience in ecommerce and digital marketing
- Proven track record of building and scaling an ecommerce business
- P&L ownership experience
- Strong strategic digital marketing skills and experience
- Highly analytical with ability to apply analysis to influence business decisions to drive performance
- Ability to flex between micro and macro level thinking and work with all levels of management; ability to deep dive into small and big issues across the whole scope of the business.
- Operationally fluent and technically proficient.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both analysis and strategy to senior management.
- Ability to partner effectively with internal and external resources, but also roll up the sleeves and dig into details
- A highly collaborative, flexible and adaptable style, with strong diplomatic and influencing skills
At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.