Sr. React Front End Engineer (Ecommerce rebuild-greenfield approach)
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer who will play a vital role in the ownership and development of our site redesign. Your focus will be on application engineering and interface implementation. The ideal candidate must have worked in complex software environments and be solutions oriented, while also focusing on details without losing sight of the big picture. This means constantly challenging and analyzing every aspect of whats presently being built without being afraid to voice your opinion.
We are a small team of effective developers committed to the potential of enhancing our software, features and functionality to the company as a whole. Each developer has a stake in the direction of our product, the company, and the culture.
Currently, our platform is a set of custom-built systems that are coming to end-of-life. We are looking for a React FE engineer to build (from scratch) the next generation architecture. That makes this a true "greenfield" opportunity to eliminate technical debt and substantially improve our capabilities. We are continuing a move towards open source and microservices, enabling us to build the best commerce site for our customers for years to come.
- Develop new user-facing features for our e-commerce platform and back-office.
- Build reusable, performant code and libraries.
- Help manage and maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects.
- Work with other engineering teams to ensure we provide the best experience for our customers.
- More than 5 years experience delivering performant, secure, and reusable web applications.
- Advanced experience in responsive design, including Bootstrap, Foundation, or Flexbox.
- Experience with front-end design patterns such as BEM/SMACSS.
- Proficiently with node.js.
- Experience with continuous deployment and modern build tooling, such as Grunt/Gulp/Webpack.
- Knowledgeable of application state management patterns such as Redux/MobX/RxJS.
- Knowledgeable of best performance practices, DOM behavior, and diagnostics tools.
- Understanding of Babel, ES2015, Haml, Slim, and/or JSX.
- Eligible to work in the US.
Other Fun things:
- Summer Hours.
- Office provided lunch on Thursday.
- Opportunity to contribute to a great mission.
- New office coming soon Ocean and Olympic great views, plenty of parking, amazing location.
- Bonus eligible
- Latest and greatest technology
- Work with other awesome people like yourself
- Discounted products
- Group outings and happy hours
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
Founder and CEO
The Beautycounter brand is a force for change. Through both education and our unique direct retail model, we're more than a beauty brand. We're a movement.
Back to top