Sr. Product Manager
Company: Beautycounter is a beauty and skin care brand with the mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. A certified Benefit Corporation, Beautycounter has created unparalleled transparency and safety in the personal care industry a severely under-regulated space where companies are legally allowed to use ingredients linked to breast cancer, learning disabilities, infertility, and other health issues in the products we use every day. Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Beautycounter launched with innovative skin care and beauty products and developed a new health and safety standard, the Ingredient Selection Process, which is the most health protective of its kind in the industry. Beautycounter prides itself on offering a fun and rewarding place to work.
Job Summary: We are looking for an experienced Sr. Product Manager who is passionate about building products to support our 20k+ volunteer sales force in building their business. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the companys vision and strategy
- Lead cross-functional teams to produce product specifications, establish milestones, and manage the development, implementation and market launch against goals.
- Translate business needs, customer needs, and technological capabilities into use requirements and product specifications that are the basis for development and launch of the site features and enhancements.
- Build business cases and analytical insights for new product initiatives; this requires identifying key issues, quantitatively analyzing related metrics, and communicating results.
- Be a subject matter expert for the Sales Consultant user experience from beginning to end. Serve as the voice of the Sales Consultants and advocate the features to enhance their business.
- Have a passion for building tools that will enable our Sales Consultants to build and manage their successful businesses.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identify and undertake relevant market, site and customer research.
- Communicate technology product status, key issues and launch plans to key constituents across the Beautycounter organization.
- Define and manage product roadmap, setting and continuously managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders including the senior leadership team.
- Work closely with business groups (Marketing, Merchandising, Sales) and other internal teams to deliver products on time, within budget and to functional/design specifications.
- Track technology products performance including identification of key performance indicators.
- Proactively indentify and resolve product issues that impair the companys ability to meet its strategic, financial and technical goals, Prioritize product backlog accordingly.
- Experience in web-commerce Direct Sales/Direct Retail experience preferred but not required.
- Strong communication and organization skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to multi-task initiatives from conceptualization, inception to completion.
- Experience with productivity tools, training modules, dashboards and reporting.
- A passion for crafting and building solutions that provide the best user experience while also meeting company goals.
- 4-6 years of Product Management experience.
- Experience with Scrum methodologies and tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Excellent partnership with Development and Sales Team.
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
As an Independent Consultant, Kristine runs her own business selling her favorite Beautycounter products—all while sharing the company’s safer beauty mission with people across the country.
Back to top