Sr. Manager, UX Design
Beautycounter is a disruptive beauty brand that creates and sells safer, high-performing skin care and color cosmetic products. Our mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We work toward this mission by creating best-in-class products with ingredients that have passed our rigorous ingredient selection process. We also work on market and policy initiatives to raise the bar of safety for the entire cosmetics industry. We pride ourselves on our commitment to transparency.
As a Senior UX Manager, you'll demonstrate from ideation to release your ability to find the ideal balance of user goals and business objectives that results in a simple, yet effective design. You'll love taking an iterative approach to design that includes user research, A/B testing, prototyping and collaboration. Your attention to detail and problem-solving skills are showcased throughout the entire process. You'll guide other UX designers through projects as well as delivering high-quality work on your own. You'll have strong communication and negotiation skills. You'll build strong partnerships to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that meet our stakeholder and clients' needs.
- Works closely with Product Managers, UX Designers, UI Designers, Stakeholders and Content Strategists to deliver products with an excellent user experience.
- Advocate and promote modern UX and design standards (may include preparing occasional education sessions for the Dev. team on relevant UX & design topics).
- Partner closely with Product Owners to transform product strategy and user stories into layouts, user flows and interaction behaviors.
- Collaborate with UI Designers and engineers to create digital products that are thoughtful, beautiful, and usable to deliver highest quality product designs.
- Visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to understand.
- Lead and manage large-scale, high-priority apps and product experiences.
- Demonstrate proven experience with successful multi-platform designs and project delivery.
- Bridge the gap between Stakeholders, Product Management, Creative and Developers to ensure concepts are hitting the mark but also achievable by the Development team.
- Demonstrate and manage the highest design standards - providing clear UX Design direction to team members, stakeholders, and outside agencies/vendors.
- Manage the day-to-day on multiple projects and work streams of the UX team
- Identify and pursue new targets and opportunities that will advance organizational business goals.
- Write UX specs (including Interaction Design requirements) where necessary, and partner with Engineering to implement your designs.
- Understand use cases and create storytelling to communicate design ideas.
- Rapidly iterate on designs within engineering and design constraints.
- Quickly wireframe and prototype concepts to review with stakeholders and Product Owners.
- Bachelor's Degree in Interactive Design, Product Design, or anything related is required.
- 5-7 years of experience as Sr. UX, UI Designer, UX Leader or similar field.
- Have some experience with coding, but not required.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully manage multiple projects concurrently with tight deadlines.
- Must have a strong written and communication skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Must be able to articulate ideas and stand behind concepts that will drive the business forward. Must be comfortable saying no.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines, respond to changing priorities and coordinate multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Experience with product management and ensuring products met required specifications.
- Be able to leverage analytics tools and techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization.
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
Founder and CEO
The Beautycounter brand is a force for change. Through both education and our unique direct retail model, we're more than a beauty brand. We're a movement.
Back to top