Sr. Director, Social Mission
One by one, we are leading a movement to a future where all beauty is clean beauty. We are powered by people,and our collective mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. Formulate, advocate & educate-that's our motto for creating products that truly perform while holding ourselves to unparalleled standards of safety.
Why? It's really this simple: Beauty should be good for you.
We walk the walkthrough advocacy-and encourage others to do the same. We're dedicated to making cleaner beauty the norm, so we're continually advocating for safer, more protective laws that ensure the ingredients in everyday products get fully disclosed, and hazardous chemicals get monitored. It's a challenge we accept head on, and every purchase of product supports this mission. Who knew makeup and skin care could be revolutionary?
As our Senior Director of Social Mission, you will be a key leader responsible for helping to oversee all areas of the Social Mission team: safety, sustainability, advocacy, and giving. As the Senior Director, you will work closely with the SVP of Social Mission to implement our yearly goals and develop long term strategy, an ensure proper execution of this strategy through the rest of the Social Mission team. The position also represents the company in various industry groups and will be considered an expert speaker at internal and external events.
- Support strategic initiatives for the four departmental areas: Advocacy, Sustainability, Safety and Giving.
- Oversee social mission campaigns that require cross functional participation and buy-in.
- Ensure staff engage in productive, continuous and timely interaction with other relevant departments or external organizations.
- Lead the Social Mission team in the weekly cross-departmental meetings, making sure all teams are aligned on Social mission priorities.
- Raise awareness of Beautycounter's commitment to Social Mission through storytelling to consumers and independent Consultants who sell our products.
- Keep abreast of clean beauty trends, opportunities for innovation, and leadership.
- Develop and conduct internal Social Mission trainings when needed.
- Provide technical assistance and feedback to inquiries that come in via the customer care team.
- Strong understanding of environmental science, toxicology, green chemistry, sustainability or closely related field.
- 7+ years' work experience in corporate social responsibility or related field.
- Self-starter/learner, able to work independently but also take and implement direction and advice.
- Experience leading a dynamic team and professional mentorship.
- Understand how to balance a company's business objectives with fulfilling its mission.
- A pioneering, leadership frame of mind. A propensity to think and act big. Idealistic.
- Positive demeanor, bridge builder, diplomatic and adept at conflict resolution.
- Strategic, process-oriented thinker, ability to think critically and holistically about challenges.
- Excellent mind for risk management.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and ability to work well with all levels of staff including executives and people of all socio-economic backgrounds.
- Excellent training and development experience and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Internet applications.
Back to top