Sr. Director, Guideline Support
- Santa Monica, CA
One by one, we are leading a movement to a future where all beauty is clean beauty. We are powered by people, and our collective mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. Formulate, advocate & educate- that's our motto for creating products that truly perform while holding ourselves to unparalleled standards of safety.
It's really this simple: Beauty should be good for you.
Beautycounter is looking for an experienced professional to drive business-critical processes on our Commercial team. In this position, our Sr. Manager of Guideline Support will play a critical role in the success of over 55,000 independent Consultants in the U.S. and Canada. He or she will have the unique opportunity to join a growing team while continuing our track record of fostering a supportive, ethical, and fair culture among our valued Consultants.
This position will partner with the Vice President of Commercial Strategy & Planning to lead work in Guideline Support (Field Compliance), the department responsible for maintaining and enforcing Beautycounter's Policies and Procedures. In this role, he or she will interface with multiple teams within the company, particularly Direct Sales channel leadership, the Office of the CEO, and the Office of the General Counsel. Furthermore, he or she will have the opportunity to refine and extend this critical function to meet the needs of a growing field.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment that requires strategic thinking, excellent organization skills and follow-up, as well as effective verbal and written communication.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Guideline Support function, ensuring processes, systems, field education/tools, and staffing meet the needs of the field and support the company's commitment to transparency/fairness/ethical compliance with all regulatory guidelines
- Manage regulatory and legal risk in policy application and enforcement
- Monitor developments (in partnership with executive leadership, the Office of the General Counsel, and outside legal advisors) in the oversight of the social selling (direct sales) channel, updating policies, tools, and department operations as needed
- Mentor team members on fostering a positive, education-first orientation toward policy enforcement, focused on retention of key stakeholders while ensuring high ethical and compliance standards
- Manage efforts to respond to Consultant and internal stakeholder inquiries
- Manage enforcement of online usage polices, unauthorized selling, and general policy guidelines
- Manage monthly compliance processes for Canadian Consultant and provincial licensing
- Serve as the primary point-person for compliance special projects
- 4+ years of experience in social selling (direct sales) field policy enforcement
- Positive, supportive attitude in dealing with compliance enforcement and Consultant feedback
- Commitment to fairness, equity, and thoughtfulness in enforcing and shaping policies
- Strong organizational skills to drive multiple processes and priorities simultaneously
- Orientation toward continuous improvement of systems, processes, and staffing in a growing business
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal
At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top