Sr. DevOps / Automation and Release Engineer
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Role Description: The automation lead is expected to stay up-to-date on new automation technologies, particularly those in the Chef ecosystem. This role will also
implement tools and processes to drive continuous improvement (we currently use Chef Enterprise, GitHub and Jenkins to maintain our infrastructure). The Infrastructure Automation Lead is responsible for transforming Information Technology offerings into services.
- Eliminate manual tasks via configuration management.
- Create, implement and maintain security policies to ensure NIST/HIPAA compliance.
- Take a leadership role in collaboratively maintaining cookbooks in the Chef supermarket.
- Ensure core recipes are supported on multiple Linux platforms.
- Create and maintain knowledge base.
- Verify infrastructure Automation meets compliance goals and is current with disaster recovery plan.
- Mentor and train entry and intermediate level staff.
- Contribute to fine tuning the change management process for reliability and speed.
- Evangelize configuration management and automation to IT professionals around the center.
- Automate and optimize our software build and deployment system, ensuring we measure and minimize the time from commit to customer.
- Ensure the system can be used to release software to both hosted and download customers rapidly, correctly, whenever required and without downtime.
- Make sure build and deployment processes are following known best practices, with fellow developers following these practices.
- Build, extend, and maintain the software release pipeline system, ruthlessly minimizing the feedback loop for developers and release time for customers.
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
Founder and CEO
The Beautycounter brand is a force for change. Through both education and our unique direct retail model, we're more than a beauty brand. We're a movement.
Back to top