Beautycounter is a disruptive beauty brand that creates and sells safer, high-performing skin care and color cosmetic products. Our mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We work toward this mission by creating best-in-class products with ingredients that have passed our rigorous ingredient selection process. We also work on market and policy initiatives to raise the bar of safety for the entire cosmetics industry. We pride ourselves on our commitment to transparency.
The successful candidate will write, proof and edit copy for website, apps, e-mail and other special projects.
- Write content for social and owned channels.
- Maintain, update and utilize current database/content management system of all product copy.
- Work closely with departments (i.e. merchandising, marketing, and customer care) to develop on-brand themes and copy while maintaining consistent voice.
- Research product attributes and trademark registration; act as liaison with legal department in the acquisition of trademarks for product names.
- Assist Marketing Manager and Creative Director with web production as needed; contribute visual ideas where relevant.
- Manage and provide direction on brand voice and style as needed.
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Write, develop, and strategize online content production and scheduling.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content daily (original text, images, video, and HTML).
- Create and maintain company social media pages and profiles.
- Create and implement social media marketing plan and editorial calendar.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage company reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase reach.
- Create copy for public relations and internal company needs.
- Follow up with third party product requests and provide product information on items that will be featured in magazines, other websites, and other events.
- Manage all social media channels, including content creation, event posts, and industry-related articles, establishing and maintaining a consistent tone and voice for the desired audience.
- Effectively collaborate with all departments to assess project needs, brainstorm ideas, and generate innovative content.
- Efficiently work within tight deadlines to manage projects and write accurate, concise, and well-polished copy with strong calls-to-action.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, account services, and client challenges in order to create the most accurate and compelling copy.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years writing or editing experience.
- 2+ years' experience in digital marketing and social media
- Possess a social mindset. He/she should be a conceptual writer with an interest in journalism.
- Must be comfortable with using an editorial approach and should be an engaging story teller.
- Effective communication skills and ability to interact well with colleagues.
- Impeccable attention to detail and quality assurance (zero tolerance for spelling errors and poor grammar).
- Strong prioritization, time management and excellent organizational skills.
- Must be results-oriented and possess an entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of the target audience and industry trends.
- Proficiency with computers, especially content management software, social media platforms, MS Office, basic understanding of HTML, InDesign, Content Management Systems, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns.
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
Founder and CEO
The Beautycounter brand is a force for change. Through both education and our unique direct retail model, we're more than a beauty brand. We're a movement.
Back to top