We are looking for a Software Engineer who is driven by great design matched with great code. The ideal Software will have a proven track record of delivering clean, performant, and maintainable code following modern responsive design practices.
In this role you will:
- Develop new user-facing features for our e-commerce platform and back-office
- Build reusable, performant code and libraries
- Help manage and maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Work with other engineering teams to ensure we provide the best experience for our customers
We are looking for someone who has:
- More than 3 years' experience delivering performant, secure, and reusable web applications
- Advanced experience in responsive design, including Bootstrap, Foundation, or Flexbox
- Experience with front-end design patterns such as BEM/SMACSS
- Proficiency with node.js
- Experience with continuous deployment and modern build tooling, such as Grunt/Gulp/Webpack
- Knowledgeable of application state management patterns such as Redux/MobX/RxJS
- Knowledgeable of best performance practices, DOM behavior, and diagnostics tools
- Understanding of Babel, ES2015, Haml, Slim, and/or JSX
Who we are:
Beautycounter is a disruptive beauty brand that creates and sells safer, high-performing skin care and color cosmetic products. Our mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We work toward this mission by creating best-in-class products with ingredients that have passed our rigorous ingredient selection process. We also work on market and policy initiatives to raise the bar of safety for the entire cosmetics industry. We pride ourselves on our commitment to transparency.
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
Founder and CEO
The Beautycounter brand is a force for change. Through both education and our unique direct retail model, we're more than a beauty brand. We're a movement.
Back to top