At Beautycounter, we go beyond clean to get safer beauty into the hands of everyone. Launched in 2013 as a direct-to-consumer beauty brand and acquired by the Carlyle Group in April 2021, we develop and distribute roughly 100 beauty products across skin care, makeup, and personal care, serving both the United States and Canada.
In addition to our Never List™, which excludes over 1,800 questionable ingredients from our formulations, we’ve established a rigorous set of safety standards for both our products and our manufacturing partners. And, through our advocacy efforts, we’ve helped introduce more health-protective legislation to the beauty industry.
Beautycounter is proud to be a Certified B Corporation that’s committed to more sustainable packaging, responsible sourcing, and a policy of total transparency. Awards include Fast Company's Most Innovative, Allure's Best of Beauty, Glamour's Beauty Awards, Refinery29's Innovators List, WWD's 2019 Best-Performing Beauty Company, and CNBC's Disruptor 50.
Are you a seasoned Sr. Marketing Data Analyst with a passion for marketing modeling and insights? Do you have a substantial quantitative skill set and direct experience in marketing science practices like Multi-Touch Attribution (MTA), Marketing Mix Modeling (MMM) and experimentation? If so, we want you to join our rapidly growing Data Science and Analytics team at Beautycounter!
As a Sr. Marketing Data Analyst, you will have the unique opportunity to shape and drive our company's analytical capabilities, while providing ongoing insights that inform some of the most critical business decisions at Beautycounter.
In this dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will need to be a strategic thinker with excellent organizational skills, follow-up abilities, and effective verbal and written communication. Your role will be instrumental in driving our company's marketing efforts, and you will play a key role in the success of our business
In This Role You Will:
- Quantify and optimize the ROI of marketing investments across channels, recommending optimal spend ranges for owned and paid media
- Build and maintain mixed media models to support overall marketing efforts
- Analyze consumer online behavior and provide actionable insights to enhance marketing campaign ROI
- Evaluate A/B and Multi-variate tests, communicating results and providing recommendations
- Provide data-informed decision-making support to commercial, marketing, and product management teams
- Support ad-hoc analysis to identify opportunities for increased ROI through changes in marketing mix and timing
- Provide insights to marketing teams, helping to design and execute experiments to achieve company goals such as reach and customer lifetime value
- Manage reporting requests from start to finish, including data collection, analysis, recommendations, and presentations
- Lead research and analysis efforts to identify opportunities for website enhancements and new digital marketing initiatives based on business trends, competitive benchmarks, and customer behavior data.
- 5+ years of experience in analytics/marketing science role preferable in a related area such as cpg or retail.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in statistics or econometrics preferred
- Understanding of media attribution practices for digital and linear media, the data required to power them and methodologies for measurement
- Understanding of incrimentality experiments to validate model recommendations
- Experience in SQL as well as statistical modeling platforms (Python, R, etc)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal.
- High degree of attention to detail and diligence in verifying accuracy & completeness of work
- Direct Sales/Direct Retail experience preferred but not required.
Pay: $72,000 - $103,000 for work locations in the United States, with individual pay determined by several factors including, but not limited to, job-related skills, experience, education, and training. Salary ranges are determined in good faith by role, level, and location. As a remote-eligible job, a narrower salary range for a candidate's preferred location may be available. #LI-KR1
Bonus: Additional compensation includes an annual discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Benefits at Beautycounter:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance effective the 1st of the month following hire date
- Bc paid and supplemental life and AD&D insurance
- Bc contribution to HSA plan (if enrolled in HSA compatible plan)
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Health & Wellness support for all employees (at no cost!) through Modern Health
- 401(k) plan with company match following 90 days of employment
- Unlimited Vacation for Exempt Associates (or 15 days Paid Time Off for Non-Exempt Associates)
- 14 Company Paid Holidays per year
- 20 hours of Paid Volunteer Time off per year
At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.