Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Who We Are
Beautycounter is a beauty and skin care brand with the mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. As a certified B Corporation that officially launched in 2013, Beautycounter has created unparalleled transparency and safety in the personal care industry.
Want to work for one of the good guys? Great! Beautycounter is committed to removing the harmful ingredients that are in most beauty products and developed a new health and safety standard, the Ingredient Selection Process, which is the most health protective of its kind in the industry. If you’re passionate about creating safe products we would love to hear from you!
Regulatory Affairs Specialist – Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and communicate with the Product Development team to ensure that all domestic and international claims are accurate and adequately substantiated.
- Inform R&D, PD and Operations on U.S. and international Personal care regulatory matters; including safety, quality, labeling, marketing, advertising and ingredients.
- Work with ingredient suppliers within various countries on source of materials and compliance, to ensure they are in line with Beautycounter’s guidelines and philosophies.
- Work with outside consultants in various countries to oversee the investigation and resolution of labeling, advertising or other regulatory related issues.
- Interact with outside testing laboratory and assess the lead time to ensure they meet with product timeline.
- Inform Product Development Manager with any changes that may delay product launch date.
- Inform SR Director PD/REG with any regulatory changes in domestic or international laws, regulations.
- Propose regulatory plan to ensure new changes will support products compliance.
- Assist in Base Business management by reviewing and approving ingredient changes (supplier, source) as needed to keep in inventory.
- Work closely with Operations to ensure product meets R&D and Product Marketing standards.
- Assist SR Director of PD/REG with cosmetics industry domestic regulations, including: U.S.-FDA Cosmetics act, Air Quality Board / CPRT, Consumer Product Reporting Tools Cosmetics notification, FDA /CDER / OTC notification.
- Work with SR Director of PD/REG on EU notifications, Canadian cosmetics Notifications, Canadian NHP notifications, and any other specific country registrations as needed.
- Manage and maintain product compliance. Revise and update the status with any changes including; country regulations changes, manufacturing, ingredients, packaging, and company address changes.
- Manage cross functional team collaboration with regard to ingredients sourcing, manufacturing and process changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Health Science
- 2-4 years of professional working experience in laboratory; preferable in cosmetics industry
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work with team members in multiple departments effectively and efficiently
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proficient in PowerPoint, excel, word, Microsoft outlook
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
As an Independent Consultant, Kristine runs her own business selling her favorite Beautycounter products—all while sharing the company’s safer beauty mission with people across the country.
Back to top