Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Who We Are
Beautycounter is a beauty and skin care brand with the mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. As a certified B Corporation that officially launched in 2013, Beautycounter has created unparalleled transparency and safety in the personal care industry.
Want to work for one of the good guys? Great! Beautycounter is committed to removing the harmful ingredients that are in most beauty products and developed a new health and safety standard, the Ingredient Selection Process, which is the most health protective of its kind in the industry. If you're passionate about creating safe products we would love to hear from you!
As a Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist within our fast-growing personal care and beauty company, you will be responsible for product files validation (list of ingredients, compliance with our Never List), periodic updates and registrations to regulatory agencies. You will organize regulatory information and track and control submissions, review and advise on labeling for compliance with regulatory filings, review product changes for impact on regulatory filings, and research regulatory issues and provide guidance and advice to colleagues.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and coordinate information and prepare regulatory documentation for submission to regulatory agencies or to partners, advise on the submission strategy.
- Review labeling and claims for compliance with regulatory and internal requirements.
- Review changes to existing products and SOPs to define the requirements for regulatory submissions.
- Provide the regulatory reviews of customer complaints and define the internal communication process.
- Responsible for timely registration of the products.
- Maintain current knowledge of FDA and international regulation, guidance and standards applicable to company products.
- Actively participate in evaluation of regulatory compliance of document / product / process /test methods changes.
- Participate in research of regulatory issues and dissemination regulatory information to Production, QA, QC and R&D departments and senior management as required.
- Represent Regulatory Affairs on R&D product development project teams to ensure all regulatory requirements are met throughout the development process.
- Complete submissions to FDA, Canada regulatory entities.
- Review advertising and marketing material for appropriateness and compliance to regulatory requirements and laws.
- Supervise Regulatory Affairs consultants as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires BA degree in a science or related field.
- 5+ years relevant experience within the regulatory affairs discipline.
- Knowledge of US and international Beauty regulatory requirements.
- International experience is a plus.
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
Founder and CEO
The Beautycounter brand is a force for change. Through both education and our unique direct retail model, we're more than a beauty brand. We're a movement.
Back to top