Regional Director, Canada East
Company: Beautycounter is a beauty and skin care brand with the mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. A certified Benefit Corporation, Beautycounter has created unparalleled transparency and safety in the personal care industry a severely under-regulated space where companies are legally allowed to use ingredients linked to breast cancer, learning disabilities, infertility, and other health issues in the products we use every day. Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Beautycounter launched with innovative skin care and beauty products and developed a new health and safety standard, the Ingredient Selection Process, which is the most health protective of its kind in the industry. Beautycounter prides itself on offering a fun and rewarding place to work.
Job Summary: The Regional Director (RD) Canada East is responsible for the achievement of key metrics; recruiting, activity rate, revenue and promotions. The RD is also responsible for the growth of his/her Region, ensuring that there is positive, constructive and balanced activity in their geography. He/She will deliver training and communication that is consistent with the companys strategic direction, social mission and brand guidelines. The primary focus of the RD Canada East is to recruit Direct to Company Consultants.
He/She will have a pre-determined territory of provinces in which they will be expected to travel to in an effort to recruit, train and establish a geographical presence.
- Work with the Head of Sales to develop a strategic plan that impacts sales, recruiting activity rate and organizational growth.
- Recruit Consultants and train them on how to schedule, sell and recruit.
- Work with Managers and Directors to set and track goals that will take them from one career level to the next; track business builders to help coach and support them through promotion.
- Identify and develop Director level leaders within each state of their Region; work closely with leaders to facilitate the growth of their businesses.
- Work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Product Development teams to continuously improve the training, communication, recognition, incentives and programs offered to the Field.
- Serve as a liaison between the Field and the company; offering insights as it pertains to products, support tools and communication.
- Be well versed in our Health and Safety information, Ingredient Screening Process, Product Information, Career Plan and selling systems.
- Work as an ambassador in the Field; always representing the Beautycounter brand in a professional manner.
- Identify Field successes and issues and communicate back to Head of Sales on a regular basis.
- Conduct monthly meetings and recruitment events within the Region that reflect the Beautycounter brand and support the companys social mission.
- Organize and conduct regional trainings focused on business behaviors to impact key business metrics. Use field leaders to facilitate the learning as necessary. Coach these leaders so they are prepared to speak and teach in front of the audience.
- Responsibly utilize local incentives to optimize performance of local business builders in their Region.
- Facilitate monthly calls to recognize and train Consultants.
Specific Measures of Job Performance:
- Ability to work on multiple projects and function as lead on assigned projects.
- Ability to conduct planning meetings, evaluate process and recommend problem solving solutions.
- Ability to train large groups of Consultants on key business metrics.
- Ability to get results and understands how to prioritize daily activities to meet critical timelines.
- Ability to complete execution of programs and projects and meet all launch deadlines.
- Traveling throughout designated region (and sometimes beyond) on a regular monthly basis, as specified in yearly plans approximately 50% travel is required.
- Establishing communication with support teams and report back to VP, Sales weekly on all project statuses.
- Direct experience in selling and motivating teams to sell.
- Ability to speak in front of both large and small groups. (5 to 500).
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required
- Direct Sales Experience 3-5 years, ideally in a field or Home Office environment
- Prior Field experience a plus
- Regional Sales Experience highly desired
- Training experience is a plus
- Strong communication & public speaking skills, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be very detail oriented and posses excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be creative and self motivated.
- Must take a leadership role, strive for excellence and have a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work remotely and must live within an hour commute of Region.
- Willingness to travel, including trips to the Corporate Office, and work evenings and weekends with minimum supervision. This position requires 50% travel.
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
As an Independent Consultant, Kristine runs her own business selling her favorite Beautycounter products—all while sharing the company’s safer beauty mission with people across the country.
Back to top