Product Development Manager
Who We Are
Beautycounter is a beauty and skin care brand with the mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. As a certified B Corporation that officially launched in 2013, Beautycounter has created unparalleled transparency and safety in the personal care industry.
Want to work for one of the good guys? Great! Beautycounter is committed to removing the harmful ingredients that are in most beauty products and developed a new health and safety standard, the Ingredient Selection Process, which is the most health protective of its kind in the industry. If you’re passionate about creating safe products we would love to hear from you!
The Product Development Manager will help create the pipeline of new products and brand birection for Beautycounter. Reporting to the Sr. Director PD/ Regulatory, this role will manage product development for domestic and international expansion, and assist in competitor assessments, and product education for our Distributors and Customers.
Product Development Manager – Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee Product Development for all projects in the Cosmetics category and personal care as well as support development needs in other categories per the direction of the SR Director of PD.
- Manage and execute new product launches from concept to finished goods, with a strong focus on project management, timeline management, and formulation direction.
- Collaborate closely with the Health & Safety department on the Ingredient Selection Process and ensure all formulas are developed in accordance with Beautycounter’s strict standards, while still delivering exceptional product experiences and efficacy.
- Maintain solid relationships and effectively manage communication with external partners – primarily labs and raw material suppliers.
- Develop new product launches from early stage of product creation to market place.
- Assists in market research; develop branding and new product strategies.
- Gather/organize details on product development process on a weekly basis with internal and external teams
- Manage cross functional team collaboration with regard to componentry, sourcing, design and manufacturing.
- Attend conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed; prepare post-event reports and analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Science or Chemistry
- 3+ years of related professional experience or equivalent
- Proven creative and project management skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work with team members in multiple departments effectively and efficiently
- Versatility, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Proficient in PowerPoint, excel, word, Microsoft outlook
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top