Product Development Manager
Beautycounter is a beauty and skin care brand with a mission to get safe products into the hands of everyone. A Certified Benefit Corporation, Beautycounter has created unparalleled transparency and safety in the personal care industry. Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Beautycounter launched with innovative skin care and beauty products and developed a new safety and performance standard. Beautycounter prides itself on offering a fun, productive and rewarding work environment.
The Product Development Manager will be responsible for new product development with an understanding of the customers needs in order to drive innovative product formulations and enhancing existing product offerings. The PD manager will utilize the latest raw material research and create formulations to support brand positioning and ensure the growth of the brand. The PD manager oversees the testing of product formulations and manages all phases of the development process making sure products are developed within budget, on time and ensuring regulatory compliance.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform their duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Oversee the product development process from new product initiation to completion of production for all new product launches and reformulations
- Manage multiple projects (20+ product launches annually) concurrently, while being agile in a fast pace environment
- Responsible to interact directly with contract manufacturers and formulators to track projects and drive progress during all steps of development
- Uphold a clear understanding of the new product development process and resolving obstacles proactively
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal departments; Regulatory, Packaging, Operations, Sourcing, Art and Marketing to help ensure elements of new product development are accurately managed and project is adhering to timeline
- Draft product briefs and fact sheets for products and launches
- Review raw material documentation to confirm compliance with company standards, product certifications, and regulatory requirements
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment and multi-task with effective organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects with various deadlines
- Working knowledge of competitive products with a passion for the industry
- Strong work ethic and track record of high productivity
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Science/Business from a four-year college or university, 5+ years of product development experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of cosmetics industry products and suppliers
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to work with team members in multiple departments effectively and efficiently
- Product development experience with cleaner beauty formulations is a plus
- Familiarity with MLM/direct sales business model is a plus
WORK LOCATION, HOURS, AND TRAVELING
- Employee will work in our corporate offices located in Santa Monica, CA.
- Work Hours: Work hours are generally from 9:00am 6:00pm with some variation based on project priorities and deliverables
- Less than 20% travel for this position
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
Founder and CEO
The Beautycounter brand is a force for change. Through both education and our unique direct retail model, we're more than a beauty brand. We're a movement.
Back to top