Manager of Events
Beautycounter is a multichannel, mission-driven beauty and skin care brand with the mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We deliver on our bold mission in three key ways: creating and distributing safer products, educating the public about the need for safer products, and urging the government to pass laws to better regulate the beauty industry. A Certified Benefit Corporation, we ensure our products work beautifully without compromising safety, we developed a rigorous Ingredient Selection Process. In this process, we handpick the best, safest ingredients for our products and reject everything else, including the more than 1,500 questionable or harmful ingredients we will never use when formulating our products. Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Beautycounter launched with innovative skin care and beauty products and developed a new health and safety standard, the Ingredient Selection Process, which is the most health protective of its kind in the industry. Beautycounter prides itself on offering a fun and rewarding place to work.
Sales, training and incentive events are a core part of Beautycounter’s business. The company holds an annual convention for its independent sales consultants, which is a multiple day event with over 4,000 attendees and a multi-million dollar budget. In addition, there are Founder’s meetings, sales training conferences, and incentive trips for top consultants which occur throughout the year. All executive-driven events are planned and executed at corporate, while regional teams run smaller training events for their specific geographies.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES
In support of Beautycounter’s growth, the company is seeking a Manager of Events to support the planning and execution of business training and sales events for the company, including contract negotiation, venue selection, and event production. The Manager of Events will be based at company headquarters in Santa Monica, report to the Director of Events and will be responsible for the planning and execution of training events.
As a key member of the Events function for Beautycounter, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in events at a well-respected organization for a consumer products or services company. ?
- Experience partnering with Marketing, Sales and Product teams to conceptualize and develop long term event plans and strategies that drive revenue growth. ?
- Experience with scheduling, planning and execution of business training and sales events of similar scope and scale (>800 attendees, $800K+ budget), including contract negotiation, venue selection, event production, and vendor management. ?
- Precise budget management, including development, tracking, and balancing.
- Responsible for housing blocks, transportation, food and beverage, room setups, environment and décor.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills, including the ability to juggle many priorities at the same time; strong attention to detail. ?
- Eye for executing events true to the Beautycounter lifestyle brand.
- Ability to work with team members in multiple departments effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work in high stress, fast paced environment and multi-task with effective organizational skills.
- Nimble and entrepreneurial in nature – past success in an environment with limited resources. ?
- Familiarity with Multi-Level Marketing is a plus.
WORK LOCATION, HOURS, AND TRAVELING
- Employee will work in our corporate offices located in Santa Monica, CA.
- Work Hours: Work hours are generally from 9:00am – 6:00pm with some variation based on project priority and delivery date.
- Less than 15% travel for this position.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
As an Independent Consultant, Kristine runs her own business selling her favorite Beautycounter products—all while sharing the company’s safer beauty mission with people across the country.
Back to top