Executive Assistant to General Counsel
The Executive Assistant to the General Counsel is responsible for a wide array of administrative support for Beautycounters General Counsel. This position will draft agendas, correspondence and other documents, manage the General Counsels schedule, travel and meeting arrangements, handle expense reporting, and coordinate communications to the leadership team. The person in this role will be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly and independently, have the necessary judgment to know when to react with urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and be able to efficiently and proactively solve problems. He or she must be able to work effectively in a team environment building successful working relationships, as he or she will be expected to regularly interact with the companys management team. This job will require independent judgment, discretion and analysis involving situations with access to highly confidential and complex information. It is essential that the candidate collaborate and partner with employees at all levels of the organization and ensure the confidentiality of extremely sensitive information.
- Responsible for handling extremely confidential material and using appropriate discretion for a wide variety of legal matters.
- Manage key projects and initiatives for the General Counsel including with respect to legal audits and special research/investigation projects as assigned.
- Manage and track contracts, including handling revisions as directed, obtaining fully executed agreements, following up on executed agreements, sending agreements to parties as appropriate, and filing documents in the online database.
- Maintain legal documents, including for example contracts and corporate documents, online ensuring the system is up to date at all times.
- Help respond to subpoenas and other requests for information.
- Assist in administrative legal support during corporate transactions.
- Obtain license approvals.
- Obtain approval for and process all legal bills timely.
- Create correspondence and materials for internal and external audiences.
- Monitor all time-bound commitments for the General Counsel.
- Collect and analyze data from various internal departments as needed.
- Provide clerical support to General Counsel such as type and compose general correspondence, faxing and copying, answer and screening phone calls, book travel arrangements/reservations, schedule, coordinate and maintain appointments and meetings, open mail, coordinate messengers/package delivery, organize and maintain filing system, and execute expense reports.
- Respond to subpoenas and other requests for information with legal oversight.
- Extremely strong attention to detail in a busy and changing work environment.
- Experience handling highly confidential information, ability to exercise discretion and respect the sensitive nature of such information and manage this responsibly with great care.
- Deliver accurate and quality work product on a timely and consistent basis.
- Ability to meet various assigned deadlines, manage multiple priorities, and be flexible shifting focus and priority as business needs change.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, build strong relationships, and communicate appropriately and professionally with the General Counsel, executives, executive assistants, clients/vendors, and company employees at all levels.
- Team player always willing to go the extra mile.
- Forward and independent thinking.
- Ability to use analytical skills and critical thinking, including ability to resolve problems creatively and offer alternative solutions as appropriate.
- Superior planning, organizational, analytical and project management skills. Positive and professional appearance and demeanor. Maintain a problem solving and helpful approach in dealing with others.
- 8 years minimum executive level assistant experience. Most recent position preferably supporting a General Counsel.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Certification in a related area a plus.
- Extensive experience handling highly sensitive information and managing many and varied legal projects and responsibilities at once.
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook, and Excel.
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
Founder and CEO
The Beautycounter brand is a force for change. Through both education and our unique direct retail model, we're more than a beauty brand. We're a movement.
Back to top