Beautycounter is a multichannel, mission-driven beauty and skin care brand with the mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We deliver on our bold mission in three key ways: creating and distributing safer products, educating the public about the need for safer products, and urging the government to pass laws to better regulate the beauty industry. A Certified Benefit Corporation, we ensure our products work beautifully without compromising safety, we developed a rigorous Ingredient Selection Process. In this process, we handpick the best, safest ingredients for our products and reject everything else, including the more than 1,500 questionable or harmful ingredients we will never use when formulating our products. Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Beautycounter launched with innovative skin care and beauty products and developed a new health and safety standard, the Ingredient Selection Process, which is the most health protective of its kind in the industry. Beautycounter prides itself on offering a fun and rewarding place to work.
This position will provide support to the Director of Events and Manager of Events as well as the entire Sales organization in coordinating event planning and production as well as event administration.
Primary Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signage, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the Sales & Executive Team.
- Travel to Sales events, meetings and trips as needed to help with the coordination and execution of the events.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive budget records and provide materials and process flow analysis.
- Book talent, including musicians, bands and DJ’s.
- Select chefs or catering companies to prepare food for events.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help the team make decisions about event possibilities.
- Keep inventory of event materials including product, collateral and display items.
- Manage the design, creation, distribution and tracking of event invitations.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare materials, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Coordinate hotel room blocks and rooming lists.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Must be able to multi-task and work on many projects at one time.
- Must be very detail oriented and possess excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and function as lead on assigned projects. · Conduct and manage project meetings and recommend problem solving solutions. · Ability to get results and understand how to prioritize daily activities to meet critical timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least 2 years of experience with office administrative work.
- At least 1 year experience coordinating special events.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Work Location and Hours:
- Employee will work in our corporate offices located in Santa Monica, CA
- Work Hours: Company hours are from 9:00 – 6:00 but the individual working hours of this role may vary based on current needs.
20% travel required.
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
As an Independent Consultant, Kristine runs her own business selling her favorite Beautycounter products—all while sharing the company’s safer beauty mission with people across the country.
Back to top