Digital Instructional Designer
Beautycounter is a disruptive beauty brand that creates and sells safer, high-performing skin care and color cosmetic products. Our mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We work toward this mission by creating best-in-class products with ingredients that have passed our rigorous ingredient selection process. We also work on market and policy initiatives to raise the bar of safety for the entire cosmetics industry. We pride ourselves on our commitment to transparency.
The Instructional Designer conceptualizes, develops, and manages scalable digital learning to drive talent development for a rapidly expanding network of internal sales consultants. The learning primarily includes beauty training content and sales, recruiting and leadership behaviors for e-learning solutions that can be accessed 24x7, with self-paced coursework that gets learners deep into curriculum. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and the ability to make topics more digestible in a dynamic and interactive training environment. He/she must possess the ability to translate success behaviors from our subject matter experts into interactive and exciting, easy to understand training. This role requires working closely with various subject matter experts and internal departments including sales, product development, and marketing to gather information and build original digital curriculum. The ideal candidate will shape the e-learning environment from the ground up, apply creativity and stay ahead of industry best practices and software for building engaging digital content. Successful candidates are required to be on-site in our Santa Monica office.
Core Values: Expected behaviors and attributes.
- Transparent- communicate openly in all circumstances, especially difficult ones.
- Respect for all- treat everyone with courtesy, kindness, and respect regardless of title.
- Proactive- anticipate needs, opportunities or challenges and plan accordingly.
- Collaborative - forge partnerships to build shared ownership and internal alignment.
- Positive- lift others up with an optimistic attitude and outlook.
- Innovative- propose creative solutions and generate forward-thinking ideas.
- Drive for excellence- make the impossible, possible by exceeding standards and benchmarks.
In this role you will:
- Facilitate requirements gathering meetings with curriculum stakeholders and subject matter experts to define the appropriate learning objectives, modalities and expectations
- Serve as subject matter expert in all digital learning trends, platforms, software and tools while continuously exploring new and innovative approaches
- Recommends, designs, and implements all eLearning courses and modules
- Develops and utilizes effective evaluation tools to monitor and analyze effectiveness and efficiency of learning initiatives to communicate the impact of learning solutions, including the ROI of courses and adjusts as needed
- Proficiency in eLearning tools: (Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia, etc.), Responsive Design, HTML5/CSS3, audio editing, Learning Management Systems, graphic design, video editing, micro-learning, gamification, simulations, animations/motion graphics
- Serves as internal point of contact and system administrator, for the field aiding those who experience technical difficulties with the site to include those having trouble logging into system, and assisting users in locating appropriate content, etc.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Beautycounter course materials, policies and processes
- Fosters relationships with vendor partners to deliver high quality and cost effective training solutions
- Must have a solid understanding of curriculum development and adult learning theory
- Instructional design/curriculum development expertise
- Strong strategic thinking and project management skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing initiatives and revise content at the pace of innovation
- Superior organization and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver multiple projects on time and within budget
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to anticipate needs and potential issues before they occur
- Ability to think creatively and seek innovative solutions
- BA/BS degree
- 5-7 years of related work experience with at least 3 years of digital curriculum development
- 10% travel to national training events
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
Founder and CEO
The Beautycounter brand is a force for change. Through both education and our unique direct retail model, we're more than a beauty brand. We're a movement.
Back to top