- Santa Monica, CA
One by one, we are leading a movement to a future where all beauty is clean beauty. We are powered by people, and our collective mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. Formulate, advocate & educate- that's our motto for creating products that truly perform while holding ourselves to unparalleled standards of safety.
It's really this simple: Beauty should be good for you.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with VP of Content to create a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives across Editorial and Social.
- Manage Editorial Workflow to meet deadlines and cross-functional planning initiatives.
- Work closely with VP of Content to develop a cross-functional content calendar.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content.
- Supervising writers, editors; drive best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Working closely with project management and creative teams on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
- Spearhead and guide the team on creating and refining Beautycounter's unique brand voice
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, branded content).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics. Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
Requires a combination marketing and publishing mindset, with a “customer first” mindset being the priority. In essence, you are helping to lead the brand storytellers who must be empathetic toward the consumer. Specific skills required include:
- Strategic creative thinker who is able to spearhead concept-led ideation and execution
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English (or primary customer) language.
- The ability to lead and inspire a content team and creators to achieve company's goals.
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about). Social DNA a must!
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within ongoing campaigns.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top