Beautycounter is a disruptive beauty brand that creates and sells safer, high-performing skin care and color cosmetic products. Our mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We work toward this mission by creating best-in-class products with ingredients that have passed our rigorous ingredient selection process. We also work on market and policy initiatives to raise the bar of safety for the entire cosmetics industry. We pride ourselves on our commitment to transparency.
As our Copy Director you will oversee the Beautycounter brand voice across all channels and media, manage all Copywriters and will provide leadership, vision and strategy as well as conceptual and executional excellence. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in writing, a powerful wit, a deep knowledge of our core values and an unrelenting passion for beauty. They will be a big idea thinker, inspirational leader and a highly skilled crafter of words who can bring to life the company mission of getting safer products into the hands of everyone.
In this role you will:
- Manage all Copywriters.
- Create, own and manage brand copy guidelines and continually update the guidelines to coincide with major brand shifts and/or seasonal requirements.
- Create persuasive messages and compelling stories that inform, inspire, and engage while also generating brand loyalty among both consultants and consumers.
- Provide strategy, including concept development, for ongoing and seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Ensure that copy is clear, accurate, and intelligent, reflecting the Beautycounter brand.
- Ensure a strong, recognizable and relevant voice for the brand is communicated and executed across all touch points.
- Lead and develop original promotional copy including but not limited to advertising, direct sales, social media, merchandising, PR initiatives, video scripts, and retail.
- Create original and compelling content for all brand packaging including product naming, descriptors, marketing messages, ingredient benefits, etc.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- B.A. in English, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or related field of study.
- A minimum of 12 years professional experience.
- Prior supervision and team management experience required.
- Knowledge and deep experience within the beauty and/or wellness space.
- Expert understanding of marketing campaign development and the various mediums and channels for execution: print, video, social, digital marketing, email, promotions,
e-commerce, and retail.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Ability to take responsibility for all copy management and delegation on complex projects concurrently.
- Strong organizational skills and comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong advocate of the Beautycounter mission.
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
Founder and CEO
The Beautycounter brand is a force for change. Through both education and our unique direct retail model, we're more than a beauty brand. We're a movement.
Back to top