Beautycounter is a disruptive beauty brand that creates and sells safer, high-performing skin care and color cosmetic products. Our mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We work toward this mission by creating best-in-class products with ingredients that have passed our rigorous ingredient selection process. We also work on market and policy initiatives to raise the bar of safety for the entire cosmetics industry. We pride ourselves on our commitment to transparency.
In this role you will:
- Independently work on formulation projects based on product briefs provided by Product Development team
- Maintain clear and accurate records of formulations, procedures, observations, results
- Prepare samples for submission
- Prepare bulk to be sent out to third party testing laboratories
- Supervise pilot and first production batches at the CM
- Maintain specification sheets, CofA's of formulas
- Conduct stability testing and keep accurate records
- Order raw material samples and request raw material documentation from vendors
- Ability to adjust batches
- Knowledge of ingredient listing
- Knowledge of and ability to learn the functionality of raw materials used in personal care formulations
- Calibrate equipment as needed
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Good computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to learn new software programs
- Data entry into formulation database including INCI, CAS numbers, raw material pricing
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication and organizational skills required
- Assist other lab staff
- Communicate with PD, Operations, QA/QC teams as needed
- Contribute to routine laboratory housekeeping and day-to-day operations of the laboratory
- This position requires 4-5 years of experience working as a bench chemist in a personal care formulation laboratory.
- BS in Chemistry required.
- In depth knowledge of skin care, hair care and OTC formulations, proven record of successfully formulating scalable and stable formulations, ability to work independently on projects from conceptualization to production is required
Meet Some of Beautycounter's Employees
Founder and CEO
The Beautycounter brand is a force for change. Through both education and our unique direct retail model, we're more than a beauty brand. We're a movement.
Back to top