Associate Creative Director - Copy
- Santa Monica, CA
One by one, we are leading a movement to a future where all beauty is clean beauty. We are powered by people, and our collective mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. Formulate, advocate & educate- that's our motto for creating products that truly perform while holding ourselves to unparalleled standards of safety.
It's really this simple: Beauty should be good for you.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with VP Creative Director-Copy to ideate and execute a content and storytelling strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives across all channels in the full funnel.
- Developing annual and seasonal advertising campaigns designed to build brand awareness and attract new customers.
- Managing brand copy and storytelling workflow to meet deadlines and cross-functional planning initiatives.
- Working closely with VP Creative Director-Copy and Brand Marketing to develop and execute a cross-functional content calendar.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand; consistent in terms of style, quality, and voice; and optimized for channel goals.
- Supervising and top-editing writers while driving best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Working closely with project management and creative teams on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
- Creating and encouraging efficiencies within the copy team while providing clear guidelines for new writers.
- Spearheading and guiding the team on creating and refining Beautycounter's unique brand voice.
- Partnering with Associate Creative Director-Design to ideate, refine, and present best-in-class work.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, or related communications field
- 7-10 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (brand, advertising, journalism, branded content)
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics
- Expertise in all major business software and project management applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.)
Innate creativity and a passion for writing, ideation, and delivering excellent written work. This leadership role on the Creative team requires both a marketing and publishing mindset, with an understanding that creative content must ladder up to brand goals. In essence, you are helping to lead the brand storytellers in their mission to understand and communicate to the current and target consumer. Additional specific skills required include the following:
- Strategic creative thinking and the ability to spearhead concept-led campaign ideation and execution
- A discerning mindset that leads to asking the right questions to get the best end result
- Curiosity and thirst for current events, social, and industry trends (a love of clean beauty helps, too)
- Proven editorial skills and an outstanding command of the English language
- Understanding of and ability to leverage the benefits of partnership both within the Creative team and in communication with cross-functional partners
- The ability to lead and inspire others to think outside the box and create content that ladders up to company goals
- Adaptability with new technology tools
- Confidence to lead and present work both internally and to cross-functional partners
- Knowledge of social media trends and channel-first content
- An understanding of different marketing channels and how messaging shifts within each one, while maintaining a consistent story
- A clear understanding of and ability to articulate the business goal behind projects
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within ongoing campaigns
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly
At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top