Associate Creative Director (Contract Role)
- Santa Monica, CA
We're looking for an Associate Creative Director (ACD) to cover a four-month maternity leave contract.
This ACD can conceptualize innovative, integrated campaigns, Consultant-focused experiences, visual communications systems and tools for both virtual and in-person settings, and brand/mission-centric initiatives, then help execute them across multiple platforms and media channels. Someone who can be can contribute art direction and design while also providing leadership, mentorship, and creative oversight to members of the team.
The role will require working closely with fellow Associate Creative Directors, Writers, Art Directors, Designers, Content Specialists, Video Editors, and Producers.
- Act as gatekeeper to ensure that all final assets and campaigns released demonstrate only the highest quality creative and effectively communicate brand messages to key audience.
- Help create a collaborative work environment between all departments
- Act as a brand steward maintaining the integrity and excellence of the brand in all materials developed.
- Elevate and innovate all designs produced for and delivered to Beautycounter's community currently consisting of 60K+ Consultant.
- Strive for streamlined communications and design within the Consultant-specific channel working closely with cross-functional partners to gain a full understanding of context and in doing so, recommend most effective execution and delivery.
- Consistently provide fresh, unique, and strategic thinking and creative solutions for all initiatives in all channels.
- Provide oversight and creative direction to team. Including managing performance, reviewing creative work multiple times per week, and providing coaching and development.
- Monitor overall workload to ensure efficiency and assure that waiting or downtime is minimized. Partner with AD to oversee team's time off schedules, time reporting, etc. to ensure appropriate coverage at all times.
- If relevant, recommend adjustments to department and team processes for continuous improvement and efficiency.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience - agency or brand
- Bachelor's Degree +
- Experience mentoring a team of designers and providing creative direction, while also working closely with content/copy team
- Ability to manage conflicts in a positive, professional and productive manner
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (photoshop, illustrator, inDesign on MAC)
- Willingness to utilize established internal communications systems including email, Wrike (online) and Slack.
At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top