Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Maintenance Specialist - Mechanical - 2nd or 3rd Shift
The following position is open in Frankfort Kentucky, United States.
What makes this a great opportunity?
The Jim Beam facility located in Frankfort, KY, is seeking to fill the position of mechanical maintenance specialist. As one of the highest-paying companies in our area with extremely competitive benefits, we are seeking experienced and educated personnel to support our bottling and processing operations. This position will train on first shift (currently 6:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.) with the likely move to second (3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.) or third shift (11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.).
An opportunity to make $37.06 per hour.
The mechanical maintenance specialist is responsible for maintaining the company's facility support equipment and production machinery, as well as warehousing operations support, and other related duties that support daily business operational functions. Mechanical maintenance specialists conduct preventive, predictive and repair maintenance, provide support to operations, and perform troubleshooting to maintain optimal performance and product standards. Daily tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Overhauls, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs plant operations equipment, which includes but is not limited to high speed bottling equipment, conveyors, pumps, gearboxes, compressors and fans.
- Ensures operation of machinery and equipment by completing preventive/predictive maintenance requirements on plant machinery.
- Locates and repairs root cause of problems by observing devices in operation
- Fabricate parts using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, welders, saws or wood working equipment.
- Utilize blueprints, control system drawings and repair manuals.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with all plant procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Follows all Safety, Food Safety, Quality, 5S and ISO guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team efforts by maintaining a positive attitude and work ethic.
- Provides information to effectively communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and other key personnel by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person as required.
- Uses the plant Computer Maintenance Management System (SAP) to add, retrieve and close out completed work orders.
- Willingness and participation in training classes intended to improve the specialists' knowledge and ability to troubleshoot, maintain, and assist in in improvement opportunities related to the operations at this facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Post-secondary education in a mechanical skilled trades or engineering field (Minimum of Associates degree required with preference toward higher education.)
- Required minimum of 2 years of experience, in a maintenance capacity, in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude (To be tested by satisfactory score of the STM and written tests)
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with the use of computerized maintenance management systems (Preferably SAP)
- Strong technical knowledge in maintenance crafts, possesses mechanical inclination, understanding tools, various equipment
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Union environment exposure a plus
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Positive attendance record
- Work daily or weekend overtime as required
- Able to work any shift
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Must be 21 years or older to apply.
Be able to physically perform all aspects of the position. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Lift 40 lbs. on a constant basis and 60 lbs. on an occasional basis, from floor to shoulder height. When situations arise where you are required to lift more than 50 lbs., It is recommended you use any Company provided equipment that you are qualified to operate, or the lift should be performed by two employees.
- Climb a minimum of five flights of stairs (5 steps / flight) in succession
- Work in a confined space environment with PPE
- Able to bend and stoop.
- Ability to work at heights
- Lift truck and arial lift certifiable
- Have acceptable (or corrected) visual acuity and depth perception.
- Have acceptable (or corrected) hearing.
- Must be able to work in extremely hot or cold and dusty conditions.
- Ability to report to work and stay for the duration of the day.
Nearest Major Market: Frankfort