Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it's no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us-from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year-to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why join us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you'll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
At BD, anyone can make a difference. Impact is not about your job title or experience; it is the result of drive and mindset, and your desire to learn and grow. We are always looking for people who can bring energy and new perspectives to the team. Social, passionate, and open-minded people who - like the rest of us - are constantly chasing the best version of themselves. Because we know this mindset will help the whole team grow. Everyone within the BD family is wired to see the potential in others, and we go to lengths to create the right conditions for all to thrive. Because when we advance ourselves, we can advance each other and, ultimately, advance the world of health. And beyond.
Our vision for BD Biosciences
BD Biosciences (BDB) is a leading provider of high-quality flow cytometry and single-cell genomics solutions, scientific research and clinical laboratories. Here, we are leading the way by developing the best technologies that have the ability to look closer at the details of cells and diseases.
About the role
Reporting to the Vice President- BD Biosciences EMEA and to the BeNeLux Country General Manager, the Country Business Leader actively shapes local business strategy in alignment with regional strategy.
In this role you will contribute actively in the definition of the Country business strategy, adapt and align the regional business strategy to the country situation and take the lead to align and develop tactical execution of the sales, marketing and operational plans. you will also direct the development of adequate tools and processes to accelerate and drive sales and income growth. As a member of the BeNeLux leadership team, the Country Business Leader is a key stakeholder in the decision making process .
Main responsibilities will include:
- P&L Responsibility
- Performing and exemplifying People Management and building talent that contributes to the on going success of the business. Develop two successors for each key position and create organization flow. Accountable to ensure talent flow in the organization as well as to identify and develop successors for his local management team.
- Actively shape local Business Strategy
- Lead strategy implementation
- Identify and develop new local and regional business opportunities to accelerate and sustain ongoing sales growth
- High-Level Customer Interfacing
- Contribute to the regional and Worldwide business
- Build exceptional sales and marketing execution capabilities
- Is a very active member of the BeNeLux leadership team & taking responsibility and accountability in key projects
- Attracting, engaging and developing talent in a diverse and inclusive environment
You will have a proven track record in leading strategically and operationally, including deep exposure to marketing and business-related issues, ideally within the medical devices/healthcare sector. Skilled in developing annual and strategic operating budgets, you're also strong in defining the country strategy, in line with the business strategy and leading the implementation of marketing plans. Your other attributes include:
- Significant depth and breadth of business knowledge and experience
- In depth knowledge of local market including legal and regulatory
- Ability to deal with high level opinion leaders
- Established track record to successfully lead sales and marketing organizations
- Knowledge of medical device industry
- Dutch/French/English language
- Computer savvy
- P/L management experience
- Growth mindset and a fast learner
- Servant Leadership
- Business Acumen
- Ability to embrace and drive change
- Inspirational leadership of strong teams
We are open to candidates based in either Belgium, or Netherlands.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work Location
BEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86
NLD Drachten - Marconilaan