Venture Architect Director - Healthcare
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Architect Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Architect Team consists of world-class business leaders, corporate strategists, product specialists and designers. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
As a Director - Venture Architecture , you will use your skills to:
- Demonstrate leadership across all stages of the BCG Digital Ventures business model, including innovation, product development, incubation and commercialization
- Lead a cross-functional team of senior professionals to build and launch new ventures, products and services on behalf of clients, adhering to strict deadlines and integrating all perspectives into a strong product brief
- Define the business model options and case for new ventures, products and services
- Develop the economic model and business plan for new ventures, products and services
- Assess internal capabilities and capacities to develop a sourcing strategy
- Quantify business value and funding models
- Define the commercial launch and go-to-market strategy
- Create the framing report (an overview and explanation of the project scope, objective and hypothesis) for new initiatives
- Collaborate with the Strategic Design and Product Development leads, as well as clients, to define a minimum viable business build (or product / service)
- Plan and deliver new ventures, products and services
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that product development and delivery is aligned with the launch and value scheme of new ventures, products and services
- Mobilize new venture models by defining the target state, commercial partnership construct and success criteria
- Align target state outcomes and success criteria to develop a clear understanding of how value will be created
- Adopt a lean start-up approach to building a minimum viable business and go-to-market strategy
- Outline key team roles and responsibilities across work streams
- Identify required partners for regulatory requirements or support needs
- Define the investment business case and outline key performance, measurement and reporting frameworks
- Explore and define commercial partnership options with the client, considering alternate fee arrangements as appropriate
- Work with Product and Partnership managers to identify, negotiate and secure eco-system partners to accelerate business build and launch (leveraging strategic alliances to make the best technologies available to the world)
- Oversee newly established venture teams to execute the organizational staffing, product or service development and business build efforts
- Work with Strategic Design and Product Development leads, as well as clients, to align feature prioritization with go-to-market testing
- Lead the execution of agreed go-to-market plans
- Facilitate the build and testing of operational processes, systems and reporting capabilities
- Lead the preparation and negotiation of contractual agreements with suppliers, partners and regulatory bodies
- Implement an early feedback loop to enable continuous feedback, learning and iteration for ventures, products and services
- Monitor and report key business and customer success measures to clients, including regulatory reporting, celebrating successes and balancing opportunities for improvement
- Review service-level outcomes across support partners, ensuring accountability and providing feedback for change where required
- Ensure the venture team is consistently synthesizing customer and market feedback to recommend opportunities for change or improvement in subsequent releases
- Mobilize follow-on release plans with consideration to both the run and change aspects of the venture, balancing value creation with quality of product and service
- Foster an environment of innovation and customer centricity, institutionalizing agile innovation practices and a customer insight to action culture
- Scale new ventures, products or services to achieve outsized returns and profound customer and market impacts
- Execute alternate fee arrangements to ensure a celebrated outcome that secures client advocacy and referral business
- Engage directly with the client and new venture business units to identify continual support opportunities for BCG Digital Ventures
- Help strike the balance between clients’ needs and business requirements
- Ensure all perspectives are appropriately represented
- Contribute to business development ahead of, as well as throughout, client engagements
- Create intellectual property, points of view and industry/ topic platforms
- Contribute to the development of thought leadership across a range of emerging business, technology and design topics
- Design and facilitate co-creation sessions with multi-disciplinary client teams
Client Management (all phases)
Business Development and IP Creation (outside of Venture work)
As a Director - Venture Architecture, you will need:
- 10+ years experience with strategy development, business planning and future visioning, as well as quantitative and economic modeling (preferred)
- Experience as a founder or executive in the digital health space
- Design or product development expertise
- A background in product prototyping and testing
- A bachelor’s degree (business, psychology, economics, strategy or equivalent from a top-tier institution preferred)
- A master’s degree (postgraduate, MBA or equivalent study)
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams and/or involvement with a top-tier consulting firm
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Back to top