We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Architect Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Architect Team consists of world-class business leaders, corporate strategists, product specialists and designers. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
As a Venture Architect, you will use your skills to:
· Demonstrate leadership across all stages of the BCG Digital Ventures business model, including innovation, product development, incubation and commercialization
· Explore and analyse markets and trends in the industry
· Perform competitive analysis and identify current best practices and market leaders
· Size the existing customer market, as well as identify trends and relative positioning
· Analyse start-up deal flow to understand imminent disruptions and identify tech acceleration opportunities
· Establish key performance indicators for venture outcomes while also defining the business model and case for new ventures, products and services
· Define the business model options and case for new ventures, products and services
· Develop the economic model and business plan for new ventures, products and services
· Test and validate assumptions while creating a sensitivity analysis for key drivers
· Assess internal capabilities and capacities to develop a sourcing strategy
· Create the framing report (an overview and explanation of the project scope, objective and hypothesis) for new initiatives
· Collaborate with the Strategic Design and Product Development leads, as well as clients, to define a minimum viable business build (or product / service)
· Plan and deliver new ventures, products and services
· Identify required partners for regulatory requirements or support needs
Business Development and IP Creation (outside of Venture work)
· Create intellectual property, points of view and industry/ topic platforms
· Contribute to the development of thought leadership across a range of emerging business, technology and design topics
As a Venture Architect, you will need:
· Prior experience with strategy development, business planning and future visioning, as well as quantitative and economic modelling (preferred)
· Design or product development expertise
· A background in product prototyping and testing
· A bachelor’s degree (business, psychology, economics, strategy or equivalent from a top-tier institution preferred)
· A master’s degree preferred (postgraduate, MBA or equivalent study)
· Some experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams and/or involvement with a top-tier consulting firm