Strategic Designer (m/f)
About BCG Digital Ventures
BCG Digital Ventures is a corporate investment and incubation firm. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. We share risk and invest alongside our corporate and startup partners via a range of collaborative options.
Founded in 2014, we have major Innovation and Investment Centers in Manhattan Beach, Berlin, London, Sydney, San Francisco and New York, as well as DV Hatches in Silicon Valley, Seattle and Mexico City, with more locations opening in the coming quarters. Our Centers and Hatches are home to a diverse range of entrepreneurs, operators and investors who are building businesses, creating and expanding markets and developing new technologies that benefit millions of people across the globe.
To learn more, visit www.bcgdv.com
Introducing our Venture Teams
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Teams consist of world-class business leaders, designers, engineers, product specialists and technology experts. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
As a Strategic Designer (m/f) you will use your skills to:
- Support ethnographic research development and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations
- Help to prepare research guides and support the conduction of qualitative research
- Assist in analyzing research results and develop actionable insights
- Contribute to deep trend analysis and research of interesting exemplars in the marketplace
- Proof empathy, listening and observation skills as well as recognize behavioral patterns
- Bring the research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories, scenarios, infographics and service models
- Facilitate ideation sessions and support workshop preparation as well as immersion sessions with multi-disciplinary teams
- Converge innovative ideas to a set of digital and physical products or services in cooperation with Experience Designers, Venture Architects, Product Managers and Engineers
- Support the design, testing and refinement of disruptive products and services
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that product development and delivery is consistent with consumer insights and strategy
- Copywriting, branding or visual implementation skills are a plus
As a Strategic Designer (m/f) you will need:
- Undergraduate degree in Design, Business, Psychology, Strategy, Marketing or equivalent qualification; Master graduates preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in ethnographic research and building products
- A portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects
- Experience in a startup, tech company and/or agile environment is a plus
- Experience with ethnographic research, divergent exploration, conceptual development
- Positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to deliver highest quality work
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
- General understanding of business models and economics
- Business fluent in English and German; additional languages are a plus
What we offer:
- International and interdisciplinary teams working on ventures for the world's leading companies
- Opportunity to gain relevant experiences in building companies across different industries
- Regular office and team events as well as constant exchange in the Berlin startup scene
- Individual learning opportunities and a personalized mentoring program
- Modern office in the vibrant heart of Berlin
- Relocation assistance for internationals and free German language courses
- In-house health and wellness initiatives, i.e. yoga, massage sessions, organic fruits, etc.
Does this match your profile? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in German or English.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
After clicking “Apply”, you will be asked to submit your contact details and resume/CV. To read how BCG Digital Ventures GmbH processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.
Back to top