Introducing our Venture Operations Team
Our Venture Operations Team is how we redefine what’s possible. It’s where organizational insight aligns with operational excellence to keep our business thriving and producing imaginative ventures. From human resources and information technology to marketing and operations management, the Venture Operations Team is the internal force that drives us forward, enabling us to expand the limits of human expectation with our compelling products, services and ventures.
As Staffing Lead you will provide resource planning and support for DV London billable staff and work alongside your global counterparts to provide any cross-office staffing support. This includes making short term staffing decisions for any proposal requests, working closely with cohort directors to assign billable staff to sold work, managing the internal staffing database (currently being piloted), having a keen sense of what staff is working on at any given time, managing multiple resource requests, monitoring billability and providing frequent updates to leadership, coordinating mobility efforts, and working closely with the HR and Recruiting teams on internal coordination. You will work very closely with the London Recruitment team as well as interact and work effectively with members of the operations and billable venture teams, office management, global DV staffing, Performance & Growth Committee, and the DV London leadership team.
As DV London Staffing Lead, you will:
- Solicit information from leadership regarding upcoming/existing projects and staffing requirements
· Lead weekly DV London staffing conference call to share resource availability allocation, maximize regional billability, gather insight into commercial pipeline
· Update and maintain the London resource management database, adding new projects, staff allocations and forecasting short-term resource needs by function
· Make and execute staffing decisions for short-term requests (i.e., support for proposals, sales development, temps/contractors, etc.)
· Discuss upcoming projects and staffing preferences with billable staff
· Liaise between Partners/Directors, billable staff and venture team management regarding staffing decisions
· Respond to staffing inquiries from management regarding availability, upcoming projects, etc.
· Respond to staffing requests from other global DV centers and work with broader BCG staffing organization to facilitate cross-office resource requests
· Maintain constant communication with Recruiting team to ensure that all relevant temp/contractor positions can be filled quickly and effectively and permanent capacity planning is kept up to date
· Maintain constant communication with Finance team to monitor timesheet accuracy, billability, staffing confirmations, Statement Of Work tracking
· Manage submission and maintenance of employee bios; Conduct searches for specific experience
· Develop proposals to enhance resource allocation and overall forecasting/capacity planning capability
· Further develop DV processes and procedures related to staffing including cross-office staffing
· Create and maintain Staffing Dashboard visible to all DV staff showing available projects/leads and resource needs
· Conduct weekly/monthly check-ins with cohort leads to review billability, PGC considerations, etc.
· Keep accurate account of whereabouts of available staff, incl. training/vacation/LOA information, especially in tight staffing situations
· Perform other analytical tasks or special projects as needed
Job Requirements and Skills:
We are looking for someone with:
· In depth experience of working in a resource allocation or capacity planning role
· Bachelor degree strongly preferred, or equivalent number of additional years of relevant work experience
· Experience with working in dynamic tech / design / consulting environment preferred
· High familiarity with working with MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong service orientation and sensitivity in responding to customer needs
· Resourceful; strong problem-solving capabilities; ability to multi task
· Strong interpersonal skills; able to handle difficult situations with poise, diplomacy and tact
· Flexible and adaptable to change as well as driving change
· Excellent organizational skills; thorough, meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
· Able to work independently and take initiative
Meet Some of BCG Digital Ventures's Employees
As Lead Engineer at BCG Digital Ventures, Muneeb creates and designs products for startups and corporate clients.
Back to top