WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our Engineers design, develop and maintain the technology which is at the core of our products, solving challenging problems with radically simple solutions. Working in multidisciplinary project teams of Product, Business, and Design professionals, Engineers at DV build products from scratch and create testable software which delivers maximum value for our ventures. As a Software Engineer, you will typically work in the incubation phases of our ventures, working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment to build prototypes for disruptive digital products – the vast majority of which are built here in Berlin. If you enjoy an environment which emphasizes the importance of Test-Driven Development and a DevOps-mindset, believe in the value of Domain-Driven Design or Service-Oriented Architecture, view Infrastructure as Code, and thrive with Continuous Delivery, then we could have the right opportunity for you. Some of our commonly used technologies and tools are below – if you have experience in some of our core technologies, great! However, we are looking for versatile engineers who use technology as a tool to build great products, so a flexible mindset is most important for us.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
An opportunity to build varied products (B2B, B2C) using a range of platforms (web, mobile, even hardware!) and seeing those products hit the market. Exposure to some of the world's most influential organizations. A structured career development program which has both a technical expert and leadership track, guided by a mentor which you will be assigned early on. A competitive salary and benefits, in addition to a flexible conference policy and Learning & Development budget which allows you to choose what are the most essential conferences for your own development. A centrally located and modern office here in Mitte at which we host various startup and industry talks. Relocation assistance and free German language lessons.
EXAMPLES OF PLATFORMS AND TOOLS
· Web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3 (pre-processors), JS frameworks e.g. ReactJS
· Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Grape
· Java, Spring, Play
· Web services, REST and JSON interfaces
· Native iOS and Android Development
· Unit and integration testing frameworks; and continuous integration tools and services such as Jenkins, Travis etc
· Source code management systems e.g. Git and associated workflows
· Build automation tools and frameworks (Rake, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack etc)
· Cloud services e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
· Container and change management tools e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Docker
· IoT platforms such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi