Syphen is on the mission to unlock the potential of data trapped in the documents that power the global economy. By developing a technology platform to extract and enrich document data we will automate manual processes and enable new value propositions for our customers. Developed leveraging the unique assets of BPAY Group with the innovative approach of BCG Digital Ventures in a joint initiative, this company is already well positioned to scale rapidly and capture this global opportunity.
We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer with a passion for entrepreneurship to join the founding team at Syphen.
What you will do:
Drive back-end development
- Collaborate with Product team to establish API specifications.
- Contribute to the project roadmap with quick, interactive story estimations.
- Independently design software modules and provide work estimates.
- Implementation and testing of features against tight deadlines, within the context of a small to medium size delivery team.
- Work with Data Scientists to develop and deploy machine learning models onto the Syphen platform.
Collaborate in a startup environment
- Participate in a mutual, fast feedback loop of code reviews.
- Embrace change positively in a fast-paced environment.
What we are looking for:
- Experienced software engineer
- Strong foundations in algorithms and data structures.
- Production experience with UNIX and distributed systems.
- Proficiency with Agile, Git, Testing, and CI/CD
- Independent contributor with the ability to surface the right amount of detail for the appropriate audience.
- Team player who views software delivery as a collaborative effort.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Natural problem solver with the ability to break down and prioritise tasks, whilst asking clarifying questions and anticipating delivery issues.