(Serverless) Senior Back-end Engineer
Senior Back-End Engineer
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome!
Have you always wanted to work in a dynamic, fast moving startup, but were put off by the associated risk? At BCG Digital Ventures we launch a new business every month and we have the backing of one of the world’s leading consultancy firms: the Boston Consulting Group. We combine BCG’s resources and domain expertise with our diverse, global team of accomplished designers, engineers, product experts and business strategists to launch ventures in many different industries, incorporating cutting edge technology such as blockchain or machine learning. All of us are entrepreneurs at heart, seeking to move quickly and nimbly in order to find new ways of delivering value to our customers.
As a back end engineer you will be a valued member of a multi-skilled venture team, building disruptive and innovate products and businesses. We operate in a truly agile fashion, so you will get to deliver working software to customers daily and learn from the results. You will bring your experience and skill to bear on the multitude of new and exciting challenges that appear when trying to bring a new product or business to market. Is this an exciting adventure that you’d like to be part of?
What you'll get to do
· Grow innovative, groundbreaking products and business that address real customer frictions
· Learn how to found, grow and operate successful startups
· Design and architect innovative, modern architectures
· Lead the technical development for large areas of a product
· Support and mentor junior engineers
· Write code as part of a diverse and multiskilled development team
· Champion a focus on software qualities such as testability, security, scalability, operability etc
· Work with state of the art technologies to solve genuine, real-world problems
· Champion good agile practices that provide a foundation for iterative product development
· Build strong relationships with product managers, venture architects and designers
· Enjoy working in a diverse, dynamic, collaborative, transparent, environment where everyone's ideas and opinions are equally valued
· Contribute to the growth of the DV London Engineering cohort
· Demonstrate and communicate a passion for implementing highly scalable and maintainable backend services
· Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technological discussions
What you’ll bring
· Hands-on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies
· Real passion for solving customer frictions through simple and effective software
· Strong people skills that contribute to an open and collaborative environment
· Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code etc.
· Experience in communicating ideas and decisions to a variety of team members
· Experience building cloud native software architectures
· An ability to embrace and reduce uncertainty through continual validated learning
· Building great software at web scale requires a multidisciplinary approach to engineering. It is far more important to be able to reason intelligently about complex problems, and apply experience to new domains than it is to know specifics about the newest technology buzzword.
Below are the technologies we primarily use. However, we'll always choose the best tool for the job (maybe you can suggest one?), so don't consider this list either exhaustive or immutable:
Languages / Frameworks
Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, AWS Lambda
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. To learn more, visit us at www.bcgdv.com / Click here to find out more about life at DV London
Back to top