Senior UX/UI Designer (m/f)
About BCG Digital Ventures
BCG Digital Ventures is a corporate investment and incubation firm. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. We share risk and invest alongside our corporate and startup partners via a range of collaborative options.
Founded in 2014, we have major Innovation and Investment Centers in Manhattan Beach, Berlin, London, Sydney, San Francisco and New York, as well as DV Hatches in Silicon Valley, Seattle and Mexico City, with more locations opening in the coming quarters. Our Centers and Hatches are home to a diverse range of entrepreneurs, operators and investors who are building businesses, creating and expanding markets and developing new technologies that benefit millions of people across the globe.
To learn more, visit www.bcgdv.com
Introducing our Venture Teams
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Teams consist of world-class business leaders, designers, engineers, product specialists and technology experts. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
As a Senior UX/UI Designer (m/f) you will use your skills to:
- Create unique products and services as well as relevant solutions to engage users with valuable experiences
- You are a driving force in workshop situations, inspire designers and venture team members alike and concisely communicate the venture vision to leadership and client
- Lead small to medium size (design) teams and ensure quality of output
- Prepare research and testing, map customer journeys, develop service blueprints, design desirable and feasible solutions for complex products and services and make opportunities tangible for multiple audiences
- Use your narration and storytelling skills to bring product ideas to life
- Develop concepts, wireframes, prototypes, and plan execution as well as production
- Construct quick interactive prototypes with initial, low fidelity visual designs that illustrate your UX/UI design: comprehensive usability, functional with modern effects, animations, and transitions as appropriate, that present a realistic feel of the intended experience
- Provide appropriate specs for the engineering team to implement the product idea
As a Senior UX/UI Designer (m/f) you will need:
- Undergraduate degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, (Graphic) Design with emphasis on UX or equivalent qualification; Master graduates preferred
- Min. 4-5 years of relevant experience in designing user experiences and building products; experience in a startup, tech company and/or agile environment is a plus
- Holistic, methodical and human centered approach to product and service design; from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
- Experience in waterfall and agile/SCRUM methodologies alike
- Knowledge in E-commerce, Mobile or Recommendation Systems (RecSys)
- Experience in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR)/ Virtual Reality is a plus
- Positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to deliver highest quality work
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent knowledge of prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invision or Flinto
- Expert skills in graphic design tools like Adobe Creative Suite as well as good experience with MS Office
- General understanding of business models and economics
- Business fluent in English
What we offer:
- International and interdisciplinary teams working on ventures for the world's leading companies
- Opportunity to gain relevant experiences in building companies across different industries
- Regular office and team events as well as constant exchange in the Berlin startup scene
- Individual learning opportunities and a personalized mentoring program
- Modern office in the vibrant heart of Berlin
- Relocation assistance for internationals and free German language courses
- In-house health and wellness initiatives, i.e. yoga, massage sessions, organic fruits, etc.
Does this match your profile? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in German or English.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
After clicking “Apply”, you will be asked to submit your contact details and resume/CV. To read how BCG Digital Ventures GmbH processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.
Back to top