Senior User Interface Experience Designer
A wholly owned subsidiary of the Boston Consulting Group, we are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Experience Design Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology. Our Experience Design Team consists of world-class business strategists, researchers, product specialists and designers. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation. We are currently looking for User Interface (UI) Experience Designers to join our growing team here in Sydney.
As an Experience Designer, you will use your skills to:
- Create unique products and culturally-relevant solutions to engage users with valuable experiences
- Consider the moments of engagement, or touch-points, between people and brands, as well as the ideas, emotions and memories these moments create
- Communicate the product’s vision to partners and customers to test and explore venture opportunities
- Identify and collect exemplars and articulate their design logic, benefits and tradeoffs
- Participate in visual problem-solving with the Strategic Designers, Venture Architects and Product Managers
- Develop artefacts such as but not limited to product design concepts, content strategy, wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user interfaces, branding and marketing concepts/materials, and digital and print artefacts, etc.
- Perform design artefact iterations based on feedback from internal reviews and user testing
- Work closely with the engineering team to take your designs from a concept to a final product
As an Experience Designer, you will need:
- 4+ years experience in designing user experiences and building products; experience in a startup, tech company and/or agile environment is a plus
- Holistic, methodical and human centred approach to product and service design; from research and insight generation to concept to validation to deliverable
- Experience creating products for desktop and mobile platforms
- Experience in waterfall and agile/SCRUM methodologies alike
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent knowledge of interactive prototyping tools such a Axure or Flinto
- Expert skills in design tools like Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite as well as good experience with MS Office
- Deep experience and knowledge of user-centred design, usability principles and techniques
- Experience in translating user research and usability test findings into iterative product solutions
- Experience conducting usability testing, both facilitated and remotely
- Working within multidisciplinary teams of product managers, strategic, visual, and developers
- Organisational skill, self motivation and resourcefulness
- Pragmatic and passionate to make things people use everyday
- The ability to think big whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- The ability to deal with pressure within a fast paced environment
- A background working directly with developers for the implementation of designs
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written)
- Capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
Education requirements or experience equivalents:
- Formal education / training (e.g. Degree in design related field) or equivalent practical experience
Salaries start from $90k + super + bonus, offers are made appropriate to the level of the role i.e. Experience Designer, Senior Experience Designer, or Lead Experience Designer.
Back to top