About Voith Innovation Lab
The Voith Innovation Lab (VIL) is a joint venture between BCG DV and Voith, focused on utilizing design thinking to bring innovative ventures to market. We take a new perspective on our Voith product and services portfolio to found new businesses that leverage our domain know-how.
We have already experienced our first success by founding the start-up merQbiz. Now, with VIL we will take this to the next level.
We are going live in early 2018 and creating a diverse team of entrepreneurs, design thinkers and implementation specialists that will shape the future of our company.
Introducing our Venture Teams
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a steep change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies like Voith are re-imagining themselves by injecting or challenging established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Teams consist of world-class business leaders, designers, engineers, product specialists and technology experts. Together, we are helping Voith own the next horizon of innovation.
As a Senior Strategic Designer (m/f) you will use your skills to:
· Conduct primary qualitative research investigations that help strategically frame, validate or challenge other forms of research
· Develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, painpoints, needs and aspirations
· Conduct deep trend analysis and research interesting exemplars in the marketplace
· Identify behavioral patterns and opportunity areas
· Analyse research results and develop actionalbe insights
· Bring your research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories, scenarios, infographics and service models
· Design and facilitate internal workshops (e.g. ideation sessions) and external workshops with multi-disciplinary teams and the Voith Divisions
· Lead storytelling, including board presentations
· Converge innovative ideas to a set of digital and physical products or services in collaboration with Experience Designers, Venture Architects, Product Managers and Engineers
· Iteratively design, test and refine disruptive products and services
· Translate and show your understanding of what research means for business ideas, this is key to us!
· Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams as well as corporate partners and lead other Strategic Designers to ensure that product development is consistent with consumer insights and strategy
· Drive the design strategy and make sure the customer perspective is the guiding principle along the whole process
· Copywriting, branding or visual implementation skills are a plus
As a Senior Strategic Designer (m/f) you will need:
· Undergraduate degree in Design, Business, Psychology, Strategy, Marketing or equivalent qualification; Master graduates preferred
· Min. 4-5 years of relevant experience in ethnographic research and building products, experience in a startup, tech company and/or agile industrial environment is a plus
· An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects
· Experience in waterfall and agile/SCRUM methodologies alike
· Experience with ethnographic research, divergent exploration, conceptual development
· Positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to deliver your best work
· Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on empathy, and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
· General understanding of business models and economics
· Business fluent in English and German; an additional language is a plus
What we offer:
· International and interdisciplinary teams working on ventures for Voith worldwide
· Opportunity to gain relevant experiences in building companies across different B2B industries
· Regular office and team events as well as constant exchange in the Berlin startup scene
· Individual learning opportunities and a tailored training program
· Modern office in the vibrant heart of Berlin
· Relocation assistance for internationals
Does this match your profile and speak to you as the next step you have been waiting for? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in German or English.
Voith Innovation Lab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law
After clicking “Apply”, you will be asked to submit your contact details and resume/CV. To read how BCG Digital Ventures GmbH processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.