Senior Strategic Designer
Senior Strategic Designer
Introducing our Venture Design Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Design Team consists of world-class business strategists, researchers, product specialists and designers. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
Strategy and research
· Conduct quantitative research investigations that help strategically frame, validate or challenge other forms of research
· Develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations
· Contribute to deep trend analysis and research of interesting exemplars in the marketplace
· Identify insights from customer research and market analysis
· Bring your research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories and scenarios
Collaborative design and development
· Contribute unique ideas within multidisciplinary workshops, meetings and immersion sessions.
· Using divergent design thinking techniques for the conceptual development of products, services and/or physical connected form-factors
· Converge innovative ideas to a set of digital and tangible products, services and/or physical connected form-factors in partnership with venture architects, product managers and engineering
· Communicate design ideas using techniques, including product concepts, service models, customer journeys, industrial designs, system maps and/or infographics
· Iteratively design, test and refine disruptive products and services
· Partner with venture architects and product managers to ensure that new ventures and business builds are set up to deliver strategic value in line with design intent
· Observe and engage audiences within the markets of interest to test commercialization assumptions for audience capture and scaling
· Practice development
· Contribute to the evolution of strategic design approaches throughout BCG Digital Ventures
· Communicate insights, concepts and design rationales to internal and external audiences
· Bachelor’s degree in design, business, psychology, strategy, marketing or another relevant field
· Postgraduate qualification or significant experience in a relevant industry
· An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects
· Significant experience with ethnographic research (quantitative and qualitative), divergent exploration, conceptual development and industrial design
· A background with product prototyping and testing, future visioning and strategy development
Meet Some of BCG Digital Ventures's Employees
As Lead Engineer at BCG Digital Ventures, Muneeb creates and designs products for startups and corporate clients.
Back to top