Senior Strategic Designer
Senior Strategic Designer
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Design Team:
Are you up for the adventure of a lifetime? Our Venture Design Team is where the magic happens. It’s where ideas are hatched and ventures that have to be seen to be believed are born. With obsessive passion, intense attention to detail and forward-thinking leadership, this crack team of innovators works at the apex of strategy, design and technology to develop compelling product concepts and service models that will impact millions of lives. They uncover deep insights and opportunities to implement disruptive strategies for the world’s most influential companies. They create and define breakthrough innovations, to re-engineer businesses and launch imaginative products, services and technologies.
As a Senior Strategic Designer, you will use your skills to:
Strategy and research
· Conduct quantitative research investigations that help strategically frame, validate or challenge other forms of research
· Develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations
· Contribute to deep trend analysis and research of interesting exemplars in the marketplace
· Identify insights from customer research and market analysis
· Bring your research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories and scenarios
Collaborative design and development
· Contribute unique ideas within multidisciplinary workshops, meetings and immersion sessions.
· Using divergent design thinking techniques for the conceptual development of products, services and/or physical connected form-factors
· Converge innovative ideas to a set of digital and tangible products, services and/or physical connected form-factors in partnership with venture architects, product managers and engineering
· Communicate design ideas using techniques, including product concepts, service models, customer journeys, industrial designs, system maps and/or infographics
· Iteratively design, test and refine disruptive products and services
· Partner with venture architects and product managers to ensure that new ventures and business builds are set up to deliver strategic value in line with design intent
· Observe and engage audiences within the markets of interest to test commercialization assumptions for audience capture and scaling
· Contribute to the evolution of strategic design approaches throughout BCG Digital Ventures
· Communicate insights, concepts and design rationales to internal and external audiences
As a Strategic Designer, you will need:
· Several years prior experience in Strategic Design - through HCI, research, industrial design or consumer psychology.
· Bachelor’s degree in design, business, psychology, strategy, marketing or another relevant field
· An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects
· Experience with ethnographic research (quantitative and qualitative), divergent exploration, conceptual development and industrial design
· A background with product prototyping and testing, future visioning and strategy development
· Experience working alongside design teams to create new product and service concepts is a must.
Back to top