Senior Strategic Designer
Introducing our Venture Design Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Design Team consists of world-class business strategists, researchers, product specialists and designers. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
Strategy and research
· Conduct quantitative research investigations that help strategically frame, validate or challenge other forms of research
· Develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations
· Contribute to deep trend analysis and research of interesting exemplars in the marketplace
· Identify insights from customer research and market analysis
· Bring your research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories and scenarios
Collaborative design and development
· Contribute unique ideas within multidisciplinary workshops, meetings and immersion sessions.
· Using divergent design thinking techniques for the conceptual development of products, services and/or physical connected form-factors
· Converge innovative ideas to a set of digital and tangible products, services and/or physical connected form-factors in partnership with venture architects, product managers and engineering
· Communicate design ideas using techniques, including product concepts, service models, customer journeys, industrial designs, system maps and/or infographics
· Iteratively design, test and refine disruptive products and services
· Partner with venture architects and product managers to ensure that new ventures and business builds are set up to deliver strategic value in line with design intent
· Observe and engage audiences within the markets of interest to test commercialization assumptions for audience capture and scaling
· Practice development
· Contribute to the evolution of strategic design approaches throughout BCG Digital Ventures
· Communicate insights, concepts and design rationales to internal and external audiences
· Bachelor’s degree in design, business, psychology, strategy, marketing or another relevant field
· Postgraduate qualification or significant experience in a relevant industry
· An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects
· Significant experience with ethnographic research (quantitative and qualitative), divergent exploration, conceptual development and industrial design
· A background with product prototyping and testing, future visioning and strategy development