Senior Strategic Designer
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Design Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Design Team consists of world-class business strategists, researchers, product specialists and designers. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
As a Senior Strategic Designer, you will use your skills to:
Strategy and research
- Conduct quantitative research investigations that help strategically frame, validate or challenge other forms of research
- Develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations
- Contribute to deep trend analysis and research of interesting exemplars in the marketplace
- Identify insights from customer research and market analysis
- Bring your research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories and scenarios
Collaborative design and development
- Contribute unique ideas within multidisciplinary workshops, meetings and immersion sessions.
- Using divergent design thinking techniques for the conceptual development of products, services and/or physical connected form-factors
- Converge innovative ideas to a set of digital and tangible products, services and/or physical connected form-factors in partnership with venture architects, product managers and engineering
- Communicate design ideas using techniques, including product concepts, service models, customer journeys, industrial designs, system maps and/or infographics
- Iteratively design, test and refine disruptive products and services
- Partner with venture architects and product managers to ensure that new ventures and business builds are set up to deliver strategic value in line with design intent
- Observe and engage audiences within the markets of interest to test commercialization assumptions for audience capture and scaling
- Contribute to the evolution of strategic design approaches throughout BCG Digital Ventures
- Communicate insights, concepts and design rationales to internal and external audiences
As a Senior Strategic Designer, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in design, business, psychology, strategy, marketing or another relevant field
- Postgraduate qualification or significant experience in a relevant industry
- An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects
- Significant experience with ethnographic research (quantitative and qualitative), divergent exploration, conceptual development and industrial design
- A background with product prototyping and testing, future visioning and strategy development
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Back to top