Senior Manager, Growth - Koru
We’re Koru. Welcome.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a steep change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies are re-imagining themselves by injecting or challenging established models with new ideas fueled by technology. The Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (“Ontario Teachers’”) and its 90+ portfolio of companies are partnering with BCG Digital Ventures’ (“BCGDV”) global ecosystem of start-ups and experts to own the next horizon of innovation.
With Ontario Teachers’, we are excited to launch Koru, an incubation platform designed to drive breakout growth by building a portfolio of new digital ventures across the private equity, infrastructure, and natural resources spaces. Koru will be the first true venture incubator formed by an institutional investor in North America. It will have a unique advantage in the market, marrying the resources of Ontario Teachers’, the methodology of BCG Digital Ventures, and the data, assets and market knowledge of 90+ world class companies.
Ontario Teachers’ is one of the world’s leading private equity and infrastructure investors with $190+ billion in net assets as at December 31, 2018. It pays pensions and invests on behalf of 327,000 working and retired teachers. Since its establishment as an independent organization in 1990, Ontario Teachers’ has built an international reputation for innovation and leadership in investment management and member services. It employs roughly 1,200 employees at its head office in Toronto, Canada and investment offices in London and Hong Kong. Koru will operate as an independent subsidiary of Ontario Teachers’, with a separate governance framework, team, and office in downtown Toronto.
Koru will work with many of Ontario Teachers’ 90+ portfolio companies around the world to generate ideas, validate and incubate them in market, and ultimately build new, innovative digital businesses that address customer frictions and take advantage of new opportunities across industries. We expect Koru to create game changing ventures while promoting a truly entrepreneurial mindset, and creating a culture of fearless reinvention. Koru will leverage its ‘unfair’ competitive advantage to create new sources of value for Ontario Teachers’ and the companies it works with.
Introducing our Venture Operations Teams:
Our Venture teams consist of world-class entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, and product and technology experts. Joining our remarkable multidisciplinary team will challenge you to launch the next wave of startups and be rewarded for disrupting the status quo. If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build businesses from the ground up, we invite you to join our mission.
Koru is seeking an exceptional, strategic and visionary Senior Growth Manager who will drive the digital marketing success of our disruptive startups. As a Senior Growth Manager you will be responsible for owning marketing and growth for a disruptive new venture. Our ideal candidate has a proven ability to build awareness, drive conversion and customer acquisition, and set and achieve critical KPI’s. You should possess an analytical mindset and profit orientation while thriving in an environment of fast testing, measuring, and iterating in pursuit of goals and objectives.
Growth Managers are responsible for incubating growth thinking into our ventures at every stage, from ideation to customer adoption. They continuously seek to evolve the industry standard for growth marketing best practices, rapidly inventing transformative new strategies to validate launch and scale ventures.
Their work spans across product, marketing, data, and technology, driving successful growth by leveraging the symbiotic relationship that exists between them. Through a hypothesis-driven, rapid test and learn approach, they strategize, implement and execute go-to-market activities that ensure best in class customer acquisition, engagement and retention. Over time, we expect our Growth Managers to become Venture CMOs that own the entirety of sales, growth, and marketing.
In your role as a Senior Growth Manager you will:
- Own growth strategy, execution, and optimization for one of our ventures
- Be able to develop multi-channel growth strategy based on product needs: SEO/ASO, SEM, DSPs, social paid and community/influencer development, word of mouth, email marketing, push notifications, traditional, mobile native and web, programmatic display, etc.
- Be an expert in setting up digital marketing data and analytics, tech stack and operating model for best-in-class growth businesses
- Define, execute, analyze, and optimize A/B and multi-variant tests, have a track record of optimizing and materially improving conversion rates through rapid testing
- Work with broader startup team (GM, PMs, Engineers, etc.) to implement various growth experiments
- See customer acquisition process through from ideation to execution; convert insights into action
- Define and validate core KPIs, such as cost per metrics, retention, ROI and LTV to drive the business growth and operationalize the business model
- Contribute to vetting and building out our marketing tech stack partnerships
- Be obsessed with customer centricity and addressing unmet customer needs through executing on growth methodology
- Participate in interviews and make hiring recommendations for prospective candidates
Successful Senior Growth Managers at Koru possess:
- 7-10+ years of professional experience in start-ups, industry, consulting, or agency
- MBA, advanced degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading teams, collecting feedback, and developing talent
- Willingness to travel
- Hands on experience with paid media tools like Facebook Power Editor and Google AdWords
- Experience with analytics, attribution and vizualization tools like Google Analytics, Mix Panel, Adjust, and AppsFlyer
- A proven track record of personal success and ambitious undertakings
- A passion for building, bringing to market, and scaling digital products and services
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape our growth initiatives and company
- Ability to think strategically and creatively: analyze, synthesize, recommend and take actions
- Previous marketing or user acquisition and growth experience proliferating consumer facing digital products and services
- Expert communication, presentation, and material preparation skills required
- A passion for growth marketing and driving customer adoption
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website athttps://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Back to top