Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Front End Engineer
Introducing our Venture Build Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Build Team consists of world-class business leaders, product designers, engineers and technology experts. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
· Demonstrate and communicate a passion for implementing highly scalable and maintainable frontend services, and working with business specialists and visual designers to design optimal solutions
· Build smooth and stable products
· Collaborate with a team of engineers, designers and key individuals across BCG Digital Ventures to deliver empowering user experiences
· Communicate ideas with cross-functional teams in an effective manner
· Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technological discussions
· Utilize a proactive and responsive approach to problem-solving
· Develop and implement best practices in all areas of design and development
· Sustained experience in professional software development
· Degree or equivalent experience, for example BS/MS degree in computer science, engineering or similar subject
· Strong analytical and debugging skills
· Strong knowledge of application and system architectures using design patterns, OOP and development best practices
· Understanding of backend and mobile technologies
· Provisioning and deployment in cloud environments
· A preference for working with cross-disciplinary teams to introduce and enhance behaviour and test-driven approaches, resulting in clean, elegant code and application architectures
· Experience of working with team members to encourage the writing of clean, elegant code using test-first approaches
· A background working in teams using Agile approaches
Building great software at web scale requires a multidisciplinary approach to engineering. It is far more important to be able to reason intelligently about complex problems, and apply experience to new domains than it is to know specifics about the latest technology buzzword.
We do not expect engineers to be experts in all languages, but you should be able to write code in several core development languages, have worked with the important frameworks and tools in a variety of platforms, and be willing to use your knowledge and experience in new domains.
You should be conversant with some or all of the following, and know when (and when not) to use them. This is not a laundry list (and will obviously change over time), but a list of things that every engineer should either have in their kit bag, or know how to acquire:
Some examples of the platforms and tools that we use:
Languages / Frameworks
Web: HTML5, CSS3, Angular, Ember, React
Mobile: Swift (iOS), Java (Android)
Services: Java, C++, Go, Ruby/Rails, Python, Scala, JS
Testing: RSpec, Selenium, Capybara, Appium, Calabash
Databases: Postgres, DB2, MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, Couchbase, Mongo,
Infrastructure: Docker, Marathon, Kubernetes, Deis, Amazon Web Services,
Data: Big Data, Spark, Hadoop, Teradata
Git, GitHub, BitBucket, Jenkins, SonarQube, Bamboo, Jira, Trello, Pivotal Tracker
Meet Some of BCG Digital Ventures's Employees
As Lead Engineer at BCG Digital Ventures, Muneeb creates and designs products for startups and corporate clients.
Back to top