About Voith Innovation Lab
The Voith Innovation Lab (VIL) is a joint venture between BCG DV and Voith, focused on utilizing design thinking to bring innovative ventures to market. We take a new perspective on our Voith product and services portfolio to found new businesses that leverage our domain know-how.
We have already experienced our first success by founding the start-up merQbiz. Now, with VIL we will take this to the next level.
We are going live in Autumn 2017 and creating a diverse team of entrepreneurs, design thinkers and implementation specialists that will shape the future of our company.
Introducing our Venture Teams
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a steep change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies like Voith are re-imagining themselves by injecting or challenging established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Teams consist of world-class business leaders, designers, engineers, product specialists and technology experts. Together, we are helping Voith own the next horizon of innovation.
As an Experience Designer (m/f) you will use your skills to:
· Create unique products and services as well as relevant solutions to engage users with valuable experiences
· Consider the moments of engagement as well as touch-points between people
· Prepare research and testing, map customer journeys, develop service blueprints, design desirable and feasible solutions for complex products and services and make opportunities tangible for multiple audiences
· Apply user centered design methodologies to ensure your ideas are based on customer needs
· Use your narration and storytelling skills to bring product ideas to life
· Develop concepts, wireframes, prototypes, and plan execution as well as production
· Construct quick interactive prototypes with initial, low fidelity visual designs that illustrate your UX/UI design: comprehensive usability, functional with modern effects, animations, and transitions as appropriate, that present a realistic feel of the intended experience
· Provide appropriate specs for the engineering team to implement the product
· Communicate the product’s vision to clients and customers to test and explore venture opportunities
As an Experience Designer (m/f) you will bring:
· Undergraduate degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, (Graphic) Design with emphasis on UX or equivalent qualification; Master graduates preferred
· 2+ years of relevant experience in designing user experiences and building products; experience in a startup, tech company and/or agile environment is a plus
· Holistic, methodical and human centered approach to product and service design; from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
· Experience in waterfall and agile/SCRUM methodologies
· Knowledge in E-commerce, Mobile or Recommendation Systems (RecSys)
· Affinity to B2B markets, especially industry 4.0 applications in public transport, industry applications, hydro energy generation, automation and robotics
· Experience in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR)/ Virtual Reality is a plus
· Positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to deliver
· Strong interpersonal skills coupled with empathy and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
· Excellent knowledge of prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invision or Flinto
· Expert skills in graphic design tools like Adobe Creative Suite as well as good experience with MS Office
· General understanding of business models and economics
· Business fluent in English
What we offer:
· International and interdisciplinary teams working on ventures for Voith worldwide
· Opportunity to gain relevant experience in building companies across different B2B industries
· Regular office and team events as well as constant exchange in the Berlin startup scene
· Individual learning opportunities and a tailored training program
· Modern office in the vibrant heart of Berlin
· Relocation assistance for internationals and free German language courses
Does this match your profile and sound like your next chapter? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in German or English.
Voith Innovation Lab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.